Lin's has their Halloween stuff out. It's August. Gag me, for real.
Paige has been sick for six days. On Day 1, we watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers for the kids' first time, and we have watched it every day since. More than once a day, usually. I feel like we should do something special on Day 7 in honor of the movie. Maybe we'll finally kick this thing--that would be really special. Poor sick girl. But seriously, it was a treat watching their reactions when they saw the barn-raising scene for the first time. They completely loved the dancing, and Gavin nearly exploded with excitement during the barn fight. Even Dax was riveted. Cute.
It's been raining the past several days, on and off. I ran six miles in the rain this morning and had the time of my life. Best running weather ever.
Since I knew I'd be home all day, I tried really hard to keep things clean around here, amid meals and school and sick Paige and Dax-ness, which means that by evening I was getting pretty short-tempered with my kids. It took all I had to get them in bed without yelling, but I can't yell anymore per my recent personal goal. I barely made it, but I made it, by golly.
1 comment:
I made a no yelling pact with myself too!! Last Sunday, in fact. I only had one whoopsie on Wednesday and have been able to keep it together for the most part. Yesterday I had another almost yelling moment, but my mom was right there and I couldn't let her see me like that, so it saved me :) Good luck! I'm hoping it's a habit I can kick... HOPING.
Post a Comment