I'm in a blogging rut, apparently. I keep thinking about blogging, then I decide I have nothing to say. So I don't. I always want to post things for the mere sake of journaling, but then I think, "Nah, that's boring." I guess I'm waiting for some strike of genius to come bursting through my keyboarding fingers. Not gonna happen, I guess.
So here it is: stuff from today, blah, blah . . .
Dax Man is sickly. His nasty cough gets so intense that it makes him throw-up sometimes. And his nose won't stop dripping into his mouth. At least it's not green snot. Grossed out yet? I figured taking him outside to clear him out couldn't hurt, so I joined Heather and Casey on a run with the double stroller. I did just over five miles, and those northward miles were killer in the wind! Opposite of Saturday's 8.5 miler, that had me wishing I could head north with the wind forever. I'd rather run in snow than wind!
Anyway, I had to miss my activity days meeting per Dax's germs, and I pretty much just gave him all my attention the rest of the day. His cough is making it difficult for him to sleep, so I had to hold him all through his afternoon nap, napping a little myself, and wishing I had my book in hand (Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome). Gavin had an early-out day, which turned out to be fabulous because he entertained Paige all those Dax-attention hours. They played pretend all day. I will cry the day pretend play becomes a thing of the past for my kids. They are pros at it. I need more videos.
For FHE, we joined my family at the intermediate school for indoor soccer, and . . . now here I sit watching Psych, waiting for my late dinner to digest. The end.
Okay, not the end. Dinner was awesome: grilled fajita veggies with spinach and hummus on toasted pita bread. This is not a normal dinner for me, but I bought a bunch of different flavored hummuses (totally a word) at Costco last week, and I can't keep my hands off of it. It's completely weird that I hate garbanzo beans and love hummus, right?
Am I seriously talking about hummus at 11:00 at night? Wow. I need a hobby. Or more sleep. Definitely both. Actually, I have a hobby up my sleeve I need to spend some quality time on . . . but I'm scared. So I keep putting it off. And that's all you're going to hear about that. Also, I'm gearing up for track and field season to start in two weeks, and I'm totally stressing about it, as far as my children are concerned. That hobby will suck my extra energy dry till the end of May. Aagh! I have a lot more church calling responsibilities this year, too, so I hope it all comes together somehow. Life, that is. (Oh yeah, and I'm starting a book club with Kaelee next week. We're calling it "Our Snack Club Has a Book Problem!" Tee-hee.)
In the news: Pope Benedict announced his forthcoming resignation today, and mere hours later the Vatican was struck by lightning. Crazy sauce.
My primary president's cruise ship is stranded in the Gulf of Mexico, so I'm sure she's worrying herself sick about our upcoming Great to be 8 night . . . little does she know we are going to have it all planned and ready by the time she's home. Take that universe!
I think when it gets late I: a) start to ramble, and b) stop making any sense. So I think it's bedtime. Ole!
4 comments:
I think I like late night Melissa ramblings...you're funny...
I love your ramblings and miss the days when I got it all first hand...at midnight at your house.
you are the best!
This is great. Is this book club going to be highly exclusive? I don't read much but could use a good excuse ;)
Post a Comment