Saturday morning began with Gavin's soccer game, which was pretty great to watch, followed by a visit from a member of our bishopric to give me a new calling. I stomped and grumbled as I left the soccer field to learn my fate, only to find out I was being asked to be the 1st counselor in the primary presidency, and the primary president was sitting at the soccer game watching me pout. Ha. Talk about looking like an idiot. I might not be awesome at my calling, but at least my temper-tantrum throwing will help me fit in with the kids.
We hosted a last-minute movie party Saturday night, which was a little stressful because my house was such a mess. Not a clean dish in the kitchen. Every room looked like tornado alley. But once we got the little kids going on their movie in the kids' room, the big kids watching their movie in the living room, the grown-up kids movie going on the projector in the backyard, the popcorn and hot chocolate made, and Dax to bed, I relaxed and was able to enjoy The Avengers quite a bit.
| Caleb, Gavin, Jada, Sydney, Reagan |
| Tatum (check her out!), Paige, Beckham |
| Mama Jo (& Maximus), Callin, Nicole, Matt, Casey, Heather (Leif and Kaelee inside making popcorn) |
We had a wonderful sabbath: spiritual sacrament meeting (Leif spoke extremely briefly after a missionary's homecoming address, and he did a great job with such a tiny amount of time), lovely nap, clean-again kitchen, delicious family dinner, peaceful walk with Dax and Nicole, and quality time with Leif and my computer.
Planned for the week:
Annual neighborhood potluck dinner
Last achievement days activity I'm in charge of. Of which I am in charge.
Gavin's soccer practice
TurboKick teaching
Fall Break!
Possible camping trip
Soccer game
Temple
13 miler
I'm off to my first presidency meeting bright and early in the morning. Hopefully after a run, if I could ever get to bed at a decent hour.
1 comment:
paige's hair is awesome. fun movie night-thanks for mentioning us and not forgetting about us!
Post a Comment