This morning at breakfast Gavin told me he had had a bad dream last night. It went something like this:
We went to the pet store, and all they had was birds, and there were lots of birds in a cage, and the cage started on fire, and I tried to get the birds out and I burned my finger, and the firemen came and put the fire out, and the cage went like this *pfooo* to the ground.
Doesn't that sound like the worst dream for a 5-year-old boy? So sad.
We made pumpkin roll pancakes for Leif's birthday breakfast--yum--then Leif went to the dentist and I volunteered in Gavin's class. Kindergarten is the greatest. After lunch, Paige and Dax joined me on a super fun trip to Walmart, then they napped while I made corn salad and answered the doorbell three times! without waking the kids. Miracle. Why does the doorbell ring ONLY during nap time??
I put some finishing touches on our costumes then went to pick up nearly 200 sandwiches from the Lin's deli. We had an Elders Quorum/Primary Halloween activity at Kelby and Kathy Iverson's farm. It was cold at the beginning, but we warmed up at the corn maze, firepit, and horse rides area. What a fun, festive little place.
1 comment:
SERIOUSLY!!! The doorbell only at nap time! It's a miracle when they sleep through it.
Glad Leif had a nice day. I know he likes to forget it's his birthday :)
Post a Comment