Friday
I took some NyQuil last night and followed Nancy's advice to sleep with chewing gum in my mouth for my sore throat, and I slept pretty well for about six hours. Then after being up for a bit for breakfast time, I went back to bed . . . and woke up at 11:40! It was the strangest feeling. My house was empty. I called Leif. No answer. I called Kaelee to see what people were doing today during Fall Break, and she said she was at my mom's holding Dax. Leif took Gavin with him to work, and Paige was playing with Tatum at Mom's, and Dax had taken a nap there. So I showered, made myself a green drink, and went to be on mom duty again. That long morning nap was very much needed and appreciated.
We hung out at my mom's for a while then came home to clean the kitchen and office.
De and Kat drove down from Richfield and met us at Callin and Nicole's house for hot dogs and s'mores around the firepit. Dax Man was so sad. He got sick of the fire, but he was being super cute in the house. We came home around 10:00 and Dax fell asleep in the van, but he woke up later just screaming and crouping. The worst thing in the world is having a sick baby and not being able to fix him!
Saturday
Leif, De, Gavin, and Paige went garage sale-ing. It was a rough night/morning with Dax. We took De and Kat to see Grafton and then Zion. De had never been there! There were crazy amounts of people in the park on a beautiful Fall Break Saturday.
After next weekend we can go without having to ride the shuttle. Yay! I had such a bad headache. We picked up some pizza on our way home. I cut Gavin's long hair. After bedtime, we played a fun card game called Slide 5, then we all made/cut puzzles for my Primary sharing time.
Sunday
I stayed home from church with Dax and battled the continuous headache from yesterday. Megan covered sharing time for me. The boys made sushi while I took a pillow nap. I made pasta salad per Kaelee's birthday dinner request. De and Kat left for home before dark. Gavin and Caleb caught grasshoppers and teased Grandma Jo with them. Tatum and Paige have become quite the best of friends; they play with their "tigers," also known as lions, all day long. I really really really hope Dax sleeps well all night and wakes up feeling 100% full of health.
Many things on the to-do list this week:
-Get house ready for Halloween party on Saturday
-Les Miserables at Shakespeare Festival with Breanne
-Parent/teacher meeting
-Gavin dentist appointment
-Gavin soccer practice
-Teach TurboKick class
-Leif dentist appointment
-Leif birthday
-Elders' Quorum/Primary Halloween activity at local corn maze
-Gavin soccer game
-13 mile run (I should try to run two other times this week . . . )
-Find costumes for the Halloween party
-Primary teacher training
-Duty to God night
That's a lot of big stuff. Somewhere between the lines of all that are laundry, cleaning, meals, and mothering that take up most of my regular days. I really don't understand how people have time to read. And serve others.
1 comment:
Bummer about sick sleepless Dax!! Sick babies are NO fun. I have one myself at the moment too. At least she sleeps thru the night... but naps are short and she's super ornery.
Hope you feel better soon. As if Mom's get sick when they have to keep the house and family up and running. We need a couple of days with NOTHING going on to feel better....not just a nap! OK. I'm done. Off my soapbox.
Feel better.
Post a Comment