--Not too sore from the long run, I think because I pampered my legs all day yesterday.
--Purged the van of the trip mess, inside and out.
--Ate a home-grown tomato on homemade white bread for lunch. Best lunch ever.
--Picked up Gavin early from school because he was homesick, basically. He had hurt his knees at recess, which was the trigger, I think, and he called me crying that he wanted to come home because he missed his family and he wanted to play with Paige. I asked him what we could do to help him when he goes to school and he suggested I write him a note.
"What do you want me to write in the note?" I asked.
"That I can only go a short day," he replied.
"What if I send a picture of our family, and when you miss us you can look at it and remember that we love you and we'll be waiting to play with you when you get home from school?" I cleverly suggested.
"Nah, you can write the note."
Hmmm. I'm in a pickle. He's been struggling with all-day kindergarten, but I had decided--after much deliberation--that he would get used to the schedule and be okay. After today's episode, I worry and fret all over again about what I should do: Make him go till he's adjusted? Transfer to a half-day school? Homeschool for a year? He really does love his teacher and his class and the playground; his only complaint is that it's too long. He wishes, often, that he could go back to "the little school that wasn't every day" (preschool). He's fine while he's at school--his teacher called him a "hearty little guy"--it's just when he's at home that he struggles. I don't know. Just thinking aloud here. Kindergarten drama.
Anyway . . . the rest of the day:
--Achievement Days meeting, followed by the activity
--Lovely evening walk to Stouts' to hold baby Rocco
--Ate a chocolate Creamie, soon to be followed by a banana one, I think. And an episode or three of Downton Abbey while I do laundry. (Leif is working on a flood in Kanosh.)
No comments:
Post a Comment