Sunday, August 5, 2012

Some Summer Stuff

Throwing down a bunch of random here for speedy documentation:

 A rare tummy time smile. He usually hates it.
 Lots of empty popcorn bowls this summer (behind the cute hula hoop brothers).

 I attribute two things to a happy childhood: sugar cereal and pajama shirts. My kids discovered both this summer.

 Creative bathtime: plug the shower drain and set the Bumbo chair in there.

 Jepson Family Reunion 2012: lots of rain, kids had a blast, Leif came this close to landing on Grandma Jepson when he fell out of a tree, Paige licked the inside door handle on the latrine. Good times.

 The only picture I have of me there. I need to raid my mom's camera.

 Big boys game. They played this for hours.

 This old toilet was placed outside my mom's tent by some silly pranksters. I would say gross, Beckham, but you're just too darned cute.

Gavin loved the pine cone wars. Wish I had a picture of that.


Gavin's first ride at the dunking booth on the 24th festivities.

 He thought it was pretty great.

 The face painting was less than professional, but the kids couldn't have cared less. I seriously love this picture.

Today Gavin said, "Mom, you love me because I can do cool things, like do flips on the trampoline and flips off the diving board."

 We've been enjoying so many summertime thunderstorms! You think she needs to go potty?

 In response to a new church calling, Leif rediscovered the joys of toilet-papering.

 24th of July video game time lasted the whole afternoon.

 Dax Man learned to sit up.



Hike day in Zion. Reagan didn't come because she had a date day with Matt.

 Gavin's Lego building reached a new high. Swords on display.


 A snake lies in the grass; it hisses as it laughs, then slithers on the path that winds around this humble garden. (Michael McLean, anyone? Awesome song from The Garden.)

The Cedar City aquatic center rocked their world. They've asked countless times to go back.

Remember Paige's pink room with giant pastel squares? Gone forever. Enter neutral color with a bunk bed, and the kids are loving it.

How many pictures was that . . . like a million? 

p.s. Tonight Paige licked the pumice stone that I got out to scrub the toilet bowl. What is that!? I'm thinking about taking her to see a therapist.

3 comments:

Teri's Life said...

Good thing I ate breakfast a couple of hours ago - because that licking the latrine handle and the pumice stone made me sick! Too funny, though.

Nat said...

pajama shirts! I never get sick of pictures of paige's close-mouthed grin. but yes, she may need therapy.

Yomama said...

To avoid being banned (remember that comments happen from the top down, not like your posts), I will stick to one sentence: I feast here. ;-)
Hugs,
Auntie Karla