Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Today

Some things that made me whine today:

-Drowned in sweat at Heather's TurboKick class
-Fried my back at the splash pad
-Held a screaming baby
-Took a screaming baby to the doctor
-Got an antibiotic for the screaming baby's ear infection
-Was asked if I was Josh's older sister. Nope. I have three siblings older than I am. But I am turning 30 this year, so this one hurt more than it should have. 
-Told by Paige that my belly is bigger again, then she asked, "What do you have in there?" ("there" pronounced "they") 
-Let my bro-in-law kill me with his crossfit-type workout (due in part to Paige's belly comment)
-Drank some tea for my sore throat (Good Earth sweet & spicy herbal. Thanks, Nancy, for introducing me.)

Some things that made me smile today:

-Ate parade candy with Gavin and Paige
-Read this on a Jimmy John's shirt: "WE deliver. YOU eat. GOD bless America."
-Got a smile out of calmed Dax before his bedtime
-Took a long, hot shower
-Laughed at comedian Jim Gaffigan

played with Uncle De yesterday--screamed today--hope this smile is back again tomorrow. poor fella.

3 comments:

The Stratton's said...

Did you hear the 4 kids bit from Jim Gaffigan? I'm going to have to give that a listen! It was fun hanging out at the splash pad for a bit. And thanks for mentioning that tea... my throat can't decide if it wants to be sore or not so I'm going to get some!

HanksFam said...

We love Gaffigan. We have Beyond the Pale on DVD. Sometimes we'll put it in when we're bored and I swear it gets funnier every time.
I sure hope Dax starts feeling better soon :-)

jen said...

I saw you this day. I'd like to be added to the smile list. Although I was pretty whiny, so I can understand why I didn't make the cut.

I hope Dax feels better. Send him this way if not.