Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Journalistic

I need to get to bed earlier. That's all there is to it. If I did, then it wouldn't be so excruciating to get up with Dax at 5:30 and take him running with me after I feed him. It's deliciously perfect running weather at 6 a.m., but I would definitely enjoy it more if I wasn't so dadgum tired. I started running this morning, and after about two minutes I closed my eyes while I ran and thought, "I could almost fall asleep like this."

As tired as I was, I was determined to take the kids to the free movie at the theater this morning because I felt bad that we were missing the reptile guy at the library so that Dax could get his shots. It makes me feel weird to eat movie theater popcorn at 9:30 in the morning, but the kids ate it like they were literally starving to death even though I had fed them breakfast before leaving the house.

Watching Dax get poked was as heartbreaking as ever. I hope he can sleep off his fussiness and not be up all night.

We had German pancakes for dinner with garden-fresh berries (thanks, Dad) on the side.
 
After dinner is the best time to go to the park in order to beat the heat, so off we went with Otter Pops in hand. Thanks for joining us, Hanks.

I put in a half-grass effort on the mowing before I had to take over bath/bedtime so Leif could go play pool games. Maybe I can finish tomorrow morning before turbo.

Go to bed!

1 comment:

Tawny said...

I can't believe you get up at 5:30 to start your day...!!! GAG!! you amaze me!!