So, I've been thinking I want to post every day to give a more complete, journalistic review of our lives. Even just snippets. But we've been getting to bed super late these long summer days, and by the time I get a chance to sit down at my computer, I'm wasted. I hate trying to go back and remember what's been going on or what I wanted to write about or what cute thing one of the kids said.
Speaking of the kids . . . they're cute. And fun. And they keep me busy. Gavin and I went on a date last week, and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. We went to the movie theater to play arcade games (because I always say no), and then we went to Dairy Queen to get ice cream and quarter-machine tattoos because somehow we had quarters left after the arcade rip-off. As I sat across the table from him, watching him devour his ice cream and talk a mile a minute, I realized that my kids rarely get my 100% focused attention. When I'm tending to their needs or playing games with them, I'm always thinking about what needs to be done or what's next. Even when we're reading stories my eyes are on the book and not on their faces.
So to sit and watch the details in Gavin's face as he rattled off his thoughts was quite a treat. He has beautiful hazel eyes, scant freckles, a contagious gap-toothed laugh, and those trademark Burton ears that poke out at the tops. We talked about all kinds of things I can't remember, and had a discussion about who is strongest in the world. I told him I thought it was the Incredible Hulk, the big green guy, and he told me, No, the green guy is a bad guy and Spiderman beats him, and I said That's a different green guy and that he should see the Incredible Hulk. It was a deep and meaningful conversation.
More soon. I'm tired.
1 comment:
cute. matt and I were just talking about how much we love his raspy little voice the other day. I like this "snippets" idea.
Post a Comment