So, this has been the most difficult post-baby physical healing process out of the three. By far. Emotionally, however, it's been the easiest. I'm four weeks post-partum and still dealing with healing/pain stuff. My mantra has been, "Someday it will stop hurting...," and I can actually see now that it might be true. I told Leif that if breastfeeding still hurts a week from now, I'm quitting. He gave me a hard time about it, of course, because he's a punk, bless his heart. At least the lactation specialist thinks I'm tough; she said I'm "a woman and a half" for sticking with it through the prolonged pain. I'm going to side with her. (Fyi, if you can empathize, Lansinoh cream doesn't hold a flame to Newman's ointment! It's helping a ton. They mix it up at Stapley's pharmacy in St. George, if you're interested.) Some people say in regards to breastfeeding, "If it hurts, you're doing it wrong." These are the people I want to push into a pool of hot lava, tell them to swim to the other side, and if they get out of the pool with third-degree burns on their bodies they're doing it wrong. Bless their hearts.
Anyway, we've been enjoying a downright balmy winter. It was about 70 degrees on Saturday, but then it rained yesterday, turned to snow last night, and is headed back to the 60s for the weekend. Love it. Gavin was so excited about the first snow; he thought we needed to hurry and put our Christmas lights back on the house (um, they're actually still up there, buddy).
Lots of thoughts and things running through my head that eventually need to be blogged, but this will do for now. A perpetually tired brain can only handle so much at a time. Meanwhile, enjoy some pictures of the newest Burton baby, who is just the cutest li'l thing, if you asked me, his mother, the unbiased one.
 |
| In the hospital |
 |
| Don't you just wanna smother that face in kisses? He's already outgrown this outfit! |
 |
| Snuggled in Grandma Jepson's blanket |
 |
| Big sister love. When he cries she's very quick to respond. |
 |
| First bath verdict: Dax no likey. |
 |
| Leif hates combing her hair, but it's so dang cute when he does. He's such a good dad. |
 |
| A little target practice in the backyard |
 |
| Proud daddy |
 |
| He's kinda precious, no? |
My camera battery died in the hospital and we can't find the charger, so these phone pics are all I have.
11 comments:
He is sooooo cute! And yes, I do want to smooch away on those cheeks!
I'm sorry breastfeeding is still causing you pain. That is the one thing I hate about a new baby, I love breastfeeding, once it stops hurting, but until then the pain is terrible. Hope it gets better. He is dang cute, btw.
You still need to let us know how it felt to not know what sex he was until he arrived.
He is WAY cute Melis! And I totally feel you on the pain thing - I'm not even to 2 weeks and I'm ready to give up! I loved what you said about other people saying you are doing it wrong - so funny and so true. I really do hope it gets better for you and SOON!
I'm so glad to see some pictures! Oh, he is beautiful. I'm sorry you're dealing with a lot of pain though. If you're actually starting to believe your mantra, I think that's a good sign! Take care Melis.
Oh my word!! He is GORGEOUS!! What a good job you did!! :) I stopped breastfeeding at 6 weeks with my last one---to painful (among other things) for me; I got off that train. Props to you if you keep it up; props to you if you formula feed--I TOTALLY get it. Either way; you little guys is going to be perfect and healthy!! I'm all for lowering your pain/stress level mom of 3!! Good work!!
Pain sucks! I'm sorry it's still hurting.
He really is adorable and I would love to kiss those little cheeks.
I've been thinking about you and wondering how things were going. Sorry I haven't called. I'm trying to swim, not sink, right now myself.
We'll talk soon.
That bathtub picture is so cute! Okay and I REALLY like the last picture--so precious and new. Love them! I'm so sad that you are still in pain. Hope it gets better soon (like today). :)
Congratulations on cute new baby! And by the way, I'm right there with you pushing those breastfeeding-shouldn't-hurt people into the lava. It does hurt. It brought me to tears every time for the first week at least and didn't stop hurting for a while after that. But now, 10-1/2 months in, I'm glad I made it through. I enjoy that time with Caleb. Hang in there (or don't, either way that baby will be just AOK). :)
I totally hear you with the pain breastfeeding brings... I never thought it would be as bad as it was.. it took about 6 weeks for it to not make me want to cry every time, and can you believe it... Stapley Pharmacy didn't even offer their own little me some of that miracle cream, i'm going to have to get after them about that one. I totally would have given up after the first few weeks and done formula if my mom hadn't been so adamant about sticking it out. I hope it gets better for you soon! Little Dax is adorable!
I love his cute little face--especially in the picture of him in the green and white striped outfit. He is adorable! So sorry about the pain. I have totally been there. a full week of everytime I nursed I would not want to cry, I would bawl and hate life. For reals. It was shooting sharp pains...luckily I was able to get some meds and clear it up in about a week. Sounds like yours was longer. I am so sorry. =(
It's no fun to be juggling three 'lil ones and be feeling miserable. (My own experience w/ mastitis and keeping three happy brings back shudders.) I hope it gets better even as you're starting to reach that point where you're not sure you can go further (my runner analogy ;) ). You're raising some beautiful kiddos!
Post a Comment