Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 1

Newborn week 1: check.

So, having a baby early is kind of awesome. Knowing that today was my due date and knowing that I've already made it through that first week of pain and sleeplessness makes me feel ahead of the game! I love it. I have every intention of documenting baby's arrival soon, but well, you know how it goes with newborns. I'll get to it when I get to it. We are enjoying sweet baby Dax and are handling #3 better than the first two, for sure. 

Here's a funny little story for you: We got home from the hospital last Tuesday night, and when Paige saw me and my belly she said, "Mom, I think there's still one in there." It's a slow road to getting your body back, isn't it ladies? I can't wait to lace up my beloved running shoes again, but for now, I will use up every minute of recovery time because I think it's important to ease back into life.

And have I mentioned that I love sugar? Holy crap, I've been enjoying my reclaimed food freedom. The nurse in labor and delivery last Monday recommended the oreo shake from the menu, and it was every bit as good as I'd imagined my first dose of refined sugary goodness would be. So I had two. Adieu, finger pricking--you will not be missed.

7 comments:

Jana said...

Yes, a week early is AWESOME. Sugar is awesome. Post-preggo belly, not so awesome.

jen said...

I like you. A lot.

HanksFam said...

Yay! So Luke just did the same thing last night.
Luke, looking at the baby: "Where did you got that from?...the hospital?"
ME: "He came out of my belly."
Luke, poking my belly: "Is there still another in there?"

Travis and Rhonda said...

SO great.

Tupou's said...

Thats great things are going better this time around... how is 3? Glad your recovering nicely.

THE HILLS said...

Oh Melissa you are so cute! Love to your big baby BOY and his name is so cute! Congrats, and totally take advantage of the recovery time :)

Cierra Johnson said...

Please forgive me for being a total blog stalker! (can't believe I gave myself away during my lesson, how lame) :( You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, so I can use them in Relief Society!