Sunday, January 15, 2012
Happy Day
It is THE most beautiful Sunday. I just woke up from a lovely nap--thank you 9:00 church--and I'm thinking let's try to walk this baby out this afternoon when the rest of my family wakes up from their naps. 9:00 church, by the way, has proven difficult to get to on time! I think once the little one is here it might be easier because I'm assuming I'll be getting up earlier.
I've been thinking about a scripture today: D&C 82:3 says ". . . unto whom much is given much is required . . ." I noticed that if I switch it around, it significantly changes the way I look at it: unto whom much is required, much is given. It helps me more easily remember how blessed we are when we do what God asks us to do. Sometimes doing seems just too hard. Sometimes we wonder if we can endure to the end. But why do we stick to it? Because we are blessed in return. If we were asked to do hard things and never got compensated for it, I'm pretty sure most of us would have given up by now. It's because God continues to bless us that we keep trying, keep doing. I have all kinds of warm fuzzy feelings today about how much God has blessed me and my family. And I just wanted to share. Here's to doing much more to "earn" my blessings this year. (How's that for a resolution?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
paige's outfit is adorable. i want it in my size. except then it wouldn't be cute anymore. dang. I'm anxious for that baby, but also really sad I won't be able to hold it. and my comment for your last post....WOW.
I here ya Nat, about not being to hold that baby. I wish I could be there too....and yes...WOW from your last post. I'm surprised you don't topple over...Luckily you're all baby and no fat :)
Post a Comment