Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Family pictures: November 2011

I've held off on sharing our recent family photo shoot because our Christmas card picture would've been spoiled, but the cards are sent, and I really want to share.

Although the thought of getting family pictures didn't thrill my pregnant self, I always get them done this time of year, so I decided to be a good sport about it. My fabulously talented friend Lindsey captured our little family, and I just love how the pictures turned out. You can't even tell that we were freezing cold!

Gavin cooperated nicely. Love that gap.

Princess Paige fell asleep on the way there, so she took some coaxing. Can't even tell!


Leif thought the baby boots on the end was cheesy, but I like it. :)

It was seriously cold and windy. Good job smiling anyway, kids!


This one made the Christmas card cut. Sorry if you didn't get one--can't send them to everybody! 


I finally got my holidays sorted and squared away, and Christmas is making a lovely solo appearance in my house. Some people in our ward wanted to get rid of some trees in their backyard, so Leif cut one down Monday, and the kids and I finished decorating it today. I love having a real tree again! Especially since we are "hosting" the Burton Family Christmas this year.

I stole a quote from a friend's Facebook status that I think is a good way to remember what's important this month:

"Whenever Christmas begins to burden, it’s a sign that I’ve taken on something of the world and not of Christ." -Ann Voskamp

I think I'm going to need to remember this a lot more than normal this year because, like I said, Christmas is at my house. And because I'm very pregnant I'll probably stress about it a little more than I should, even though I love having visitors.

Happy Christmas planning and preparing!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I know I haven't left you a comment in ages, but just so you know, I read all of your posts. :) I couldn't not say anything this time though because you look absolutely STUNNING--- being all great with child I know it's not the ideal time for a family photo, but dangit you look so good AND you like you feel so good that it almost makes me want to get pregnant, too. But I won't. Cause I know better. You've got the glow, though, girl!

You all are darling and beautiful! Way to get the cards sent out. :)

Erin said...

Those are so cute. Seriously they all turned out so good. I like the little boots. It made me smile and think of what your baby will be!

Megan said...

Love LOVE your photos! You all look great, and I'd never know if you hadn't confessed that you weren't thrilled about the whole process. =)

Love the Christmas quote, too. Thanks for sharing!

Tawny said...

What beautiful pictures!! Your family is so cute!! I love the big smiles from your kids!! And you looked SO great too! Lucky you!!:)

HanksFam said...

I seriously love these pictures. You are brave (well, you look great)...all I could muster this year was a picture of the kids on the Christmas card.

Rachel said...

So adorable. How I miss those kids! Give them a squeeze from "the girl" :). Beth asked again today, after receiving your card (I almost picked that background too) when she was going to see Gavi again. It's been too long.
Good luck with all the bustle and stress of hosting Christmas. I'll send you my meal plans :)
Love ya!!

Travis and Rhonda said...

Those turned out so good! Great looking family!

tasha + jordan said...

very cute. and i like the baby boots on the end :)

Tupou's said...

great pictures.. they turned out great! you look so great Melissa..