Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Good Day...Well, Mostly

Yesterday was one of those awesome holiday days when you sleep in, laze away the morning, eat lots of random junk, play card games in the middle of the day, take a nap, hike/geocache in the afternoon, eat curry for dinner, swim aka hot tub with the kids, and stay up late to watch a movie. Although, that last one turned into pause the movie to clean Gavin's throw up messes and tell your visitors to go home. After he finished puking the first time, Gavin looked up at me with that shaky sick face and said, "That makes me very sad." Me too, Buddy!

He actually didn't act very sick and didn't have a fever till later today. I debated going to find a grave with my parents in Virgin, but when Gavin said he didn't want to go on a mountain, I knew he must be feeling pretty crummy because he always wants to go on a mountain. So instead of Geocaching Day 2 to enjoy this beautiful weather before it gets super cold this weekend, it's turned in to Staying Home With a Sick Kid Day 1. I'm itching to be outside right now! At least I got to go for a fancy run with my new watch this morning (Heather and Shelly Kidd-Thomas were there too, I guess). Yep, I do fancy running now. And I loved every satellite-located minute of it.








I love this place.

(Did I say I was going to write about Christmas? Hmmm.)

2 comments:

Kaelee said...

Is Leif on the phone in that picture? Funny and so fitting. Throwing up sucks. Or blows, I guess.

Nancy said...

Love those upside down glasses on Paigie Pie. Am also jealous of the fact that you are hiking around in jackets! Ah well. I suppose we choose where we live....or do we? (Some of us choose, others of us go along with the choice.)