Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas!

Highlights:
--Christmas Eve Eve long date with Leif: temple, Olive Garden, and last-minute shopping.
--Christmas Eve present wrapping while watching A Christmas Story with my family.
--Christmas morning excitement with little kids who are old enough to get it!
--Food, food, and more food.
--Games and general visiting and family time.








We had a wonderful Christmas here in Hurricane. I love the way the season changes the overall feel of routine life into something magical and peaceful. I love that the Savior's birth, life, and gift to us are spoken of so frequently and reverently. It's a wonderful way to refocus our energy as we re-evaluate our goals and priorities with the start of a new year.

5 comments:

Kaelee said...

cute lil butterfly. you forgot to skype us. we need to but not today. maybe tomorrow?

Stephanie said...

Melis,
Love catching up with you & your family through your blog. Super cute and adorable family!! Hope I get to see you next time I'm down. Loves!

Stephanie said...

Melis,
I love reading about how things are going. Super cute & adorable family!! Hope I get to see you next time I'm down that way. Loves!

Yomama said...

Muy fun post, as usual. Your little Barbie (with her long shiny hair) wins the cute-and-silly award. Glad you are lovin' life, and glad you continue to share with us!
Hugs,
Auntie Karla

Tawny said...

Hehe, so cute and fun. You live in Hurricane???