Friday, October 8, 2010

Cinnamon and Energy Sprinkled on Top

I just wanted to post some of my favorite recent pictures of the little ones. They add so much spice to life and have so much energy from dawn to dark--I wish I could pour it into a jar and hang it on my spice rack right next to the cinnamon. Then I could sprinkle a little of each on my toast every morning.

This is some of the stuff the kids have been up to these days:

GAVIN constantly hooks things together in the most random and brilliant ways. He has two tiny skateboards he totes with him everywhere. He doesn't show much interest in music, but he does love the song "I Love to See the Temple" and sounds so sweet when he sings it. He fights with Paige now, but he also takes really good care of her on occasion. For example, we went to Costco this week and I got a frozen yogurt for the kids to share. Paige dropped her spoon so I asked Gavin if he would share his spoon with her, thinking he would let her eat one spoonful and then get mad about sharing. But he willingly agreed to share and then alternated bites between his mouth and hers till she'd had enough. It was so great to watch; I was a very proud mom.

PAIGE is still somewhat attached to her binky and blanket. I often find her plopped down in front of her bookshelf reading to herself and mastering all the puzzles. Recently we checked out some "I Spy" books from the library and my kids LOVE them. We always have a basket full of library books, but since they discovered "I Spy" all the other books get neglected. She said the sweetest dinner prayer today, her first unprompted (it's like pulling teeth to get my kids to say prayers--how do you fix that?? Leif or I always end up saying it when it's "their turn"). Paige likes to do things herself--things that Gavin still won't do by himself just because he doesn't want to--like put on her own shoes, blow on her hot food, buckle her seat belt, peel her bananas. She would swing all day if she could.

Can't get enough of these guys.




I LOVE MY FAMILY!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

They are the sweetest and they do bring spice. I absolutely love Paige's sweet voice and when she reads books its adorable. Gavin has so much excitement for life its amazing. I love their pictures and Gavin's pose is pretty great!

Rachel said...

How adorable!!
Love the pictures. Wish you could have been here for Pumpkin Patch and ESPECIALLY for Halloween homemade rootbeer and a dumb Halloween movie, sigh.