Fabulous weekend. I slept at my mom's Friday night because Leif had already gone north for work and I was doing 12 miles with Heather Saturday morning. The run felt great, I packed and cleaned like a mad person, then we were off around noon. We stopped by my good ol' friend Sammi's house in Spanish Fork to change our clothes and shove some fast food down our throats, and we were only 8 minutes late for our appointment at the JCPenney portrait studio in Provo. Although the kids wouldn't stop wiggling, we got some good pictures, and then we were off to Natalie and Matt's second reception in Sandy. The kids ran around like crazy, we ate some yummy reception food, and then we slept at my cousin Halie's house in Draper. Heather and Casey and Bernan all stayed there, too, so we snacked on 7Eleven junk and watched Fever Pitch after the kiddos went to bed.
We had a lazy Sunday morning, and then the Stouts and Bernan headed homeward while Leif and I stayed to enjoy the area around the Draper temple, American Fork Canyon, and Uncle Dave's house. We took the kids to Cascade Springs, a place we had been to a couple of times long before we had kids, and we had a wonderful time.
Being with my family in a mountain canyon in the fall might be my favorite thing on the earth. It was a perfect afternoon. Our visit with Uncle Dave and Aunt Sandy was lovely, and then I had to drive home alone in the rain at night but the kids were great and we all slept well last night.

Did I forget to mention that Paige lost a fight with a nightstand? The bed we slept in was really tall and she was trying to get down and fell. Seeing blood all over your kid sucks. I hate it.

This is the best we could do. The kids weren't looking at the camera in any of the other pictures.

Finding fish.
4 comments:
Really??? How do you get more beautiful every day? I love your blond blond hair, sometimes I don't recognize you and think it's one of your sisters.
What a nice weekend, Sandy has a reputation for producing those :) Too bad we weren't in town.
I LOVE your kids!!!
Poor little girl! That had to hurt!!!!!
Your hair is long and way cute! Glad you had so much fun! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment