Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Fun

Well, we had a lovely weekend in Upalco, Utah. Leif's sister Ane and her new husband Ben had a pig roast/wedding reception on Saturday, so we headed north on Friday. And when I say pig roast, I mean this:
And this:
Yep. Cut back that skin, take a chunk, and slap it on my plate, please. How disgusting does that look?? You bet I ate some. Would you?

Leif had a good time prairie dog hunting and playing with his family, and I had a good time just getting re-acquainted with Burtons and Burton cousins alike. And our kids slept okay in a tent, so yeah, a good weekend.

Super cute cuties. Gavin really is sweet with Paige sometimes. He had a ball playing with Reid and William. And he travels well; although, his back-seat enthusiasm can get slightly obnoxious when he yells, "There's a big truck! A red one!....Mom! Look behind you! It's another big truck!....Two big trucks! A yellow one and a white one!....Mom! Look!...." And on and on for endless miles. Who knew that that endless interstate convoy of diesel trucks could excite a human being so much? And if we pass a train? Forget about it. His pure bliss literally makes him shake. (He had stopped shaking by the time I got the camera out):



Leif's Father's Day gift was a "Root Beer Tour." Different root beers from around the country. I had so much fun doing it, and Leif thought it was great, so score. I stole the idea from my new favorite blog and tweaked it.

Yum. Can't wait to sample and compare.

Other things we've been doing regularly around here:

One of Gavin's not-so-sweet moments with Paige. He always has to have the red circles when they "play" Connect 4.
These two are no longer Trouble in the Making. They're there, and there's no turning back.

Summertime fun with the hose.

Water never tasted so good.

Happy June Solstice/First Day of Summer!

6 comments:

jen said...

Okay, that pig is GROSS, but reminds me of HI. And the root beer tour, looks cool. I checked out that blog, she has some rad ideas.

Lacey said...

I would eat some! I bet it was good!

I'm so glad you discovered the Giverslog! Amber is such a sweetheart.

Rachel said...

Love Love Love the rootbeer idea. As if you needed my ideas girl. I might have to steal that one from you :)
Glad your weekend was a good one, how could it not be with a roast pig!!

Megan said...

I bet that pig was awesome! Can't wait to check out the blog; I'm always looking for new gift ideas. Thanks!

Kaelee said...

Didn't I say no pictures?? But they are cute, look at Paige's hair!

Erin said...

That rootbeer tour is really cool. You are always finding things and sharing, that blog looks really cool. I love all the pictures of your kids. I really have a cute one of you and Paige and one of just Paige. I need to bring it over.