Thursday, April 22, 2010

For the Love of Dirt!

Oh, Texas. Sometimes I miss you. Like on Earth Day when I remember that I should be trying harder to be a better Earthling. The city of Austin made it so easy for me to recycle. I had an entire garbage can devoted to all things paper, aluminum, glass and plastic, and I wheeled it out to the curb once a week alongside my regular trash bin. No breaking things down, no sorting, no driving to a recycling drop-off site. It was so easy! Probably needless to say, my save-the-earth contributions have been seriously lacking since moving here.

So, I've decided today is a very appropriate day to regroup and begin recycling again--if even just a grocery bag full a week. I think I'll try to make it funner by enlisting Gavin's help. I'm sure age 3 isn't too young to teach about the 3 R's. Maybe we'll come up with a fun little "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" song or phrase.

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

3 comments:

HeatherStout said...

Uh, yeah, the 3 R's song is awesome. Jada was singing it tonight before bed. Did you make it up, I couldn't tell:)

Cheryl said...

...and if that did not make sense, it is 11 PM after a LOOOOOng day. Good night!


PS: this next week should be good if you want to come over for coupons...:)

Cheryl said...

Recycling is fun! I don't think it could be anymore convenient than a weekly pickup. Second best is that we have recycling binnies at the end of our street, just a block away. That is NICE. But, weekly pickup would be SO much better.

Yay you for making the effort! Many people do not even try!