Sunday, April 25, 2010

Firsts

Some firsts this weekend:

-First time hitchhiking for me
-First day of Nursery for Paige
-First time Leif did the splits
-First snack-free Sacrament meeting

Explanations? I decided to do a warm-up run out to the 5k starting line instead of taking the bus, but I obviously misjudged how much time I had. So to avoid having to sprint to the start, I stuck out my thumb to the only truck coming. The driver happened to be a race volunteer, and he said, "Miss the bus?" I felt silly hopping out of the back of the truck in front of all the runners. But I was sufficiently warmed up. Although that 13 year old I've been chasing at every race lately beat me again. Blast those scrawny little non-child-bearing hips! But it was a good race. And my sisters kicked it in the half marathon.

Paige did really well her first day in the Nursery. I can't believe my baby is all growed up! Leif actually got to go to Priesthood today. And seriously, no comments about it being "time" to have another baby. We're good for now. :)

I decided that since Paige will now be getting snacks in Nursery, it was time to stop the Sacrament meeting snack fest. I loved it! Wish I'd done it sooner.

Leif slipped on the 2nd base plate in our wiffle ball game tonight and did the splits. Ouch. Of course he didn't stop playing, so his limp caused a twisted ankle injury minutes later. But darnit, we had fun!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor Leif... and just before the cruise. His damaged "pride" may effect his good time :)

jen said...

I don't know what to say. But couldn't leave without a comment. Hitchhiking and splits. You guys crack me up.

Travis and Rhonda said...

We must have left too soon---sad we missed the Wiffle Ball show!

Congrats on nursery.

Tawny said...

haha! you guys are halarious!

Tawny said...

haha! you guys are halarious!

Clark Family said...

That is great!!! I am glad she likes nursery, it is so nice when they reach that age. Enjoy this time...and take a deep breath, however you could join me on the couch all the time if you did want to have a baby. lol

Erin said...

I am glad Paige likes nursery. She is so cute and I just love her personality.

Tara said...

Hey! We are going on a Caribbean cruise at the end of the month. Where is yours going? Ours is Eastern (Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Marten, Grand Turk and Caicos. have fun.