"was it worth it?" --multiple sources.
RESPONSE: YES!! It was worth all the training. It was worth all the pain. It was worth the inability to do anything but sit on the couch and whine for 2 (ok, maybe 3) days. It was worth taking 10 minutes to walk my excruciatingly sore legs 10 steps to the bathroom, breaking the toilet paper holder and falling onto the toilet while attempting to lower myself onto the seat, and it was worth the resulting bawl fest.
RESPONSE: YES!! It was worth all the training. It was worth all the pain. It was worth the inability to do anything but sit on the couch and whine for 2 (ok, maybe 3) days. It was worth taking 10 minutes to walk my excruciatingly sore legs 10 steps to the bathroom, breaking the toilet paper holder and falling onto the toilet while attempting to lower myself onto the seat, and it was worth the resulting bawl fest.
"Some of you think running a marathon is the most important thing in your life right now. It's really not as important as you think it is." --first time marathoners seminar speaker who has done S.G. 21 times
RESPONSE: ha! ha! Sometimes I felt kinda special when I was training for the race. And then I showed up to the starting line. Getting lost in a sea of runners, many of whom are veterans of the sport, made me realize that I'm really not that special. :)
RESPONSE: ha! ha! Sometimes I felt kinda special when I was training for the race. And then I showed up to the starting line. Getting lost in a sea of runners, many of whom are veterans of the sport, made me realize that I'm really not that special. :)
"I think it's cute that you think I'm going to let you run another marathon." --Leif Burton
RESPONSE: I think you're cute, Leif. Seriously, I could NOT have done the marathon without his emotional, physical, and financial support, and most importantly, without his willingness to take the kids for hours every Saturday morning (and many other times) so I could do my long runs. I told him that I just have to do one more marathon so that I could shave those stupid 3 minutes and 23 seconds off so I can claim running a sub-4 hour marathon, but that decision will be made together when the time comes. :)
I didn't really feel like eating this ice cream cone, but hey, free ice cream!
Also, I needed the calories.
I secretly wish I could wear that medallion every day--it makes me feel good.
I wanted to post the video from the finish line, but I can't find the right cord and don't really know how to do it, so poop. Maybe later, if you're lucky.
Oh, I almost forgot. In case you were wondering, I was able to run in someone else's place since I didn't get picked for the lottery clear back in April. Thanks Lyndee Lichfield! I hope I did you proud.
Oh, I almost forgot. In case you were wondering, I was able to run in someone else's place since I didn't get picked for the lottery clear back in April. Thanks Lyndee Lichfield! I hope I did you proud.
13 comments:
We were cheering for you! Congrats!!!
Yay! Yay yay yay! Don't you feel, now that you can walk normally, that you can do anything?? I want to run another marathon tomorrow! And I think we should wear our medallions because even though Mr. Tucker said we weren't important I feel important when I wear it. Mainly because it represents a personal struggle and triumph even though thousands of others to one too. You're just going to have to do another one, those pesky three minutes are going to drive you nuts. Let's do Las Vegas!
Yay for you! Thanks for answering your FAQs for me.
Great job! You are amazing.
Majorly impressed, proud, blown away etc. You rock!
Oh good. I was wondering if you ran. But pretty much figured you did! You will totally have to do another one. Ha ha.
Good job!!
Oh my busum burns with pride!! Ha ha, YOU ARE AMAZING!!
As I wipe away the tears of joy, the tears of laughter about the toilet seat story, and the tears of woe because you are so far away i thought I would tell you how proud we are of you and how much I wish we could have been there to support you.
We love you!!
Great job Melis! You will have to do another one to satisfy your goal-setting self. Somewhere in the midwest, I think. Kansas sounds nice, and flat too. Think about it.
Congrats! 26.2 miles is an amazing accomplishment - even if the speaker didn't think so. :) Keep wearing your medal with pride. I ALMOST want to run a marathon now! :)
I don't know if one more comment can emphasize the obvious any more than the rest, but I have to do it anyway: WOW! You're my hero, I'm impressed beyond words, and "thou almost persuadest me..." (But this fat girl is scared to even run a mile :-/ )It's such a great accomplishment, that I hope you never forget what it felt like to train, to struggle, and to cross the finish line - whether you do another one (or many more) or not!
Love you - and that sweet supporter of yours, my favorite nephew ;->,
Auntie Karla
CONGRATS Melissa!! That's awesome and looked like fun. If you can say that about a marathon. :) I'm happy for you and a bit jealous because I do want to run one in my future. Way to go!
Hey Melissa! I found your blog and thought I would say hello! You look so good and your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment