Town Lake Trail smells that can really get to you when you're doing 3 loops:
1. doggie doo-doo
2. human perspiration
3. animal carcass
4. restaurant breakfast (not pleasant when you're running!)
5. bat conglomeration (this one is prolly the worst, but I'll put up with it since the Congress Bridge Bats are so "Austin")
6. fish guts
7. port-a-potty-s (not sure how to make that word plural. or even how to spell it.)
8. car exhaust
9. teen spirit (Nirvana, anyone?:) )
10. long good-byes
what, you don't think that last one is a smell? how about the smell of my salty tears as I cry my good-byes to my favorite place to run ever? that's what I thought. :)
I will miss you dearly, Beautiful Trail. (oh, and I guess I'll miss all you Austin "humans" too. :) )
p.s. Rach: please don't take the title seriously. I have a feeling you could find a pretty good lawyer and take all my money.
5 comments:
I like this list. I'm too completely exhausted to leave a cool comment, I'll get back to later...
sad and hard to leave...but heck yes we'll plan on seeing you saturday. maybe i can talk ben into calling leif. when will you be coming through phoenix and where are you staying? awesome, we are already excited to see you!
I would never sue you for making a list. I full heartedly support you :)
P.S. How much money could I get though???
#4 for sure. By far the worst.
Animal carcass is the worst to me.
No matter how excited you are, leaving people and things can be so tough... But you'll find a new trail. Mostly I feel sad for Benches, and De and Kat. It's plain no fun to be the ones left behind! God be with you all the way -
Hugs,
Auntie Karla
Post a Comment