I think I have mastitis. and possibly a broken toe. and I'm in a lot of pain from yesterday's run. and I have an earring-hole infection. but you know what? I feel nothing but gratitude today for my life and my blessings. I had a conversation with a sweet sweet person yesterday who is dealing with so many trials and heartaches right now. conversations like that make you feel pretty stupid for being so self-pitying. c'mon, Melis. count your blessings.
1. Leif
2. Gavin
3. Paige
4. loving family
5. great friends
6. the gospel
7. nine good toes
8. one good breast
9. one good ear
10. a bed to rest my body
11., 12., 13., ....
7 comments:
You are too good. It's so hard to get to that happy place when you're not feeling well. And it always seems so cheesy, but counting your blessing totally, totally works. Thanks for the reminder.
Way to be optimistic:) I could not for the life of me figure out what the background picture was on your page, my first guess was ovaries? Then I saw the I heart flip flops on the side. Got it.
I wonder if Leif feels the same about your one good breast...? And really, I think we have ten phalanges so we can lose a couple and still be good. So yes, you are truly blessed. Although there is always someone worse off out there I don't think it's fair to expect absolutely no complaining if the worst doesn't happen to be you. So go ahead, cry over that toe. Actually, I think the breast deserves more tears. PUMP!!!
Hope you're feeling better. Mastitis is the worst! Broken toe not far behind. I've had both, but not at the same time! Hang in there.
I agree with Heather: that background picture is freaky. My first guess was also ovaries. sick.
p.s. how dare you say your running shoes are cuter than mine! prove it!
I've gotten mastitis more than once after working out hard while doing the nursing thing. Hopefully you'll get through it quickly along with the other ouchies that make a person feel vulnerable and old(ish). Your kids make it all worthwhile, I'm sure! ;)
Post a Comment