Friday, May 15, 2009

oldie but goodie

today I was listening to good ol' sarah mclachlan's "I will remember you" in my car and thinking, "I remember when this used to be my favorite song." and then I thought about my first favorite song called "sometimes love just ain't enough" by patty smyth (I was 10 years old). approximately 1 minute and 43 seconds later, I walked into CVS pharmacy and guess what song they are playing?! "sometimes love just ain't enough" by patty smyth! talk about totally random coincidence! I mean, that song is 17 years old! it was one of those wish someone else was there to share in the hilarious shock of the moment moments. Paige was there, but she didn't really get it. so I just smiled and sang along.

what was your favorite song when you were 10 years old?

9 comments:

Alisa F. said...

I'll have to think about 10 yrs. old, but at six it was "Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain" (probably not the actual title), by Ricky Nelson (I think). I sure remember the song! At 10, D and the older sibs were listening to KOMA, Oklahoma City, OK (ask Nancy about that - you'll get a memory flood, I think), so there were lots of pop songs floating around in my innocent little brain.
But yeah, when the song in your head comes on the radio or whatever, it's killer cool - kind of like a hug from an angel or something...
Love you all,
Auntie Karla

HeatherStout said...

I think it was "Cowboy Take Me Away" by the Dixie Chicks, do you remember that song:) Actually, it was probably a Paula Abdul song, maybe "Straight Up" or "Cold-Hearted Snake". She used to be awesome, pre-American Idol days.

Sarah said...

Bryan Adams "Please Forgive Me" on the 'So Far So Good' soundtrack.

D-n-E said...

OK, probably something by Tiffany or some equally cheesy artist. I just have to say double ditto on the poop posts below. I'm in no hurry to be rinsing Reid's poops out of diaper. I'm waiting until he shows an interest in going in the toilet to potty train. I want it to go as smooth and easy as possible. If that means he's 3 or 4 so be it.

lex said...

I love a good coincidence. The first favorite song I remember was "Endless Love." Yes, I asked for a Lionel Richie tape for Christmas that year. I think I was 5. Can't remember what I liked when I was 10... probably something country?

Rachel said...

I'm also going to go with "Cold-Hearted Snake" by Paula... it proved to be a theme in my dating years :)

Erin said...

Do you know Grandma's favorite song? Well she can't remember right now but we were just trying to think of it so she is going to think about it so remind her. But we were just reading blogs and wanted to say hi. Of course she just loves to look at the pictures and gush about her cute cute great grandchildren. And your kids are so cute. Hope to see you soon. I don't know if you have any trips planned but we would all love to see you.

Kaelee said...

Sorry I missed commenting on the poop stuff, my favorite thing! Yes, Gavin's always been very gifted in that area. Because I have no sense of space and time I cannot tell you what my favorite song was when I was ten. But I do remember the first tape I asked for for Christmas (and mom was hesitant to get because she didn't know anything about them and if they were appropriate): Wilson Phillips. I'm sure I could still sing every word to every song on that tape. How awesome am I?

AJ said...

I think I was still stuck in my ballerina phase so for me it was Lionel Ritchie's "Ballerina Girl." Funny to remember.