Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm not usually crafty.....

so I've been meaning to make some headbands for about 8 months now and finally got around to it today. baby girl has been bald with no frills for long enough. I think she's tired of being mistaken for a boy. (Kaelee: I also made a black headband and a purple bow, and I'm going to make another bow and maybe another flower or 2.)

I totally think Paige looks like my mom in this first picture! it's the eyes. anybody else see it?



12 comments:

Kaelee said...

Soooooo adorable! She's such a cutie! Good job on the headbands, I'm going to the store today, you've inspired me. The flowers are cute, too. So much cheaper than buying headbands and bows already made! I think she looks like the picture hanging at grandma's house when mom was young. I do think it's the eyes.

Kaelee said...

PS Paige looks like Gavin in the other two pictures.

Melissa said...

that's the picture I was thinking of.

Tenecia said...

What kind of material did you use for the headbands? My 13 month old daughter is also a baldy and I would love to make her some headbands.....

Kellie said...

Those turned out cute and the pictures are adorable! I can't believe she leaves them on. Beth would never keep them on.

lex said...

I'm sometimes skeptical of the giant flower headband, but your creations look really sweet on Paige. Thanks for not making them with flowers the same size as her head.

Teri's Life said...

I do think she looks like your mom. Your kids are so cute! That smile melts me.

Melissa said...

Tenecia: I used knee high nylons. and you can find flowers and ribbons at any craft store. Lex: couldn't agree with you more on giant headpieces--I actually felt like I was pushing it with even these ones. (no offense to those of you who like 'em big!) but I also agree that Paige looks freakin' cute. :)

D-n-E said...

They're so cute. You make me want to have a girl. :)

Erin said...

She looks so cute and so much bigger. How did we miss all this? We miss you guys. Love the headbands by the way. You are so talented and they turned out so cute.

HeatherStout said...

I love the bows! Great job, if I were (was?) having a girl I would totally make you make me some. Such a cute girl.

Rachel said...

Love them. I actually think Paige looks like your mom quite a bit in those pictures.
I like your background too :)