yesterday was one of those days opposite of those "lucky me" days (see previous post). you know, the ones when you wanna sell your kids down the river. I loaded up the kids (3 hour process--I'll spare you the details) and headed to the library to return my overdue items and pick up the ones on hold, but I'm still not used to the new closed-on-thursdays nonsense at our library branch. so instead I went to the grocery store to juggle the rascals and the full shopping cart and the must-have balloon that ended up in the sky, as it always does, and therefore the screaming child who always wakes up the other child and makes her scream and we all scream until we get home again. I take that back--until 20 minutes AFTER we get home again and CARS is on and the sippy cup is full of milk (or "nilk" if you ask gavin) and the baby is suckling. I didn't think all THREE of us would still be alive by the time leif got home from work, but amazingly, we were, as we always are somehow.
but when the dust settled, I got to go chat with some girls and learn how a
CRICUT machine works its wonders and eat homemade cinnamon rolls....but the icing on the rolls happened this morning when I picked up my craigslist steal of a stroller deal. now, when the kiddos are driving me crazy, I have something to transport them to the river in. can't wait to use it tomorrow.

this baby retails for $300-$340. I got it for $50. I will always brag about my bargain shopping, so get used to it. it makes me happy.
14 comments:
Talk about coinsidence (sp?)...we JUST bought that same stroller off craigslist YESTERDAY!! But we weren't as lucky...ours was $125, still a good deal, but not as good as yours! I LOVE a good deal :)
I'm all for transporting kids to be sold in a steal of a deal stroller. There's no better way. But to give you a bit of hope, going from 1 to 2 kids is REALLY hard. Here's the hope part: going from 2 to 3, not quite as hard. That is if you wait until your first is in all day kindergarten so it feels like you've still only got 2 kids at home for much of the day. Plus, don't let anyone tell you it's not okay to shed a few tears daily. Because it is.
Kaelee, I'm actually adjusting to having two WAY better than adjusting to one. it was just those first 2-3 weeks that was awful, but that's pretty normal no matter what # baby you're on.
I would love to move down the river from you---especialy considering every river here is completely frozen over!!! Excuse my winter complaining. Congrats on your stroller deal! That's a really nice one! Hang in there and scream as much as you need to! :)
I love Craigslist too. We have gotten some pretty sweet deals on there too. And I wish we lived down the river from you guys too. Then our two year olds could entertain each other and give us a little respite from their two-ness. We love them, but they really can drive you crazy some times.
yuck.
oh man you and Laithe sure do love to brag about your good deals. cheapos. Just some advise, if you are going to roll the children to the river, don't do it in the new stroller because that would be such a waste. I guess if the kids are gone you won't be needing a stroller much anymore, but you could at least resell it and probably even make a profit since you got it for such a good deal. I mean, if you're going to go through the trouble to get rid of your kids you should at least be smart about it.
I'm planning a buy one get one free sale of the kiddos at the river this week...I'll see you there.
P.S. I didn't even brave the grocery store for like 6 months after Izzy was born with both kids. Now you'll think twice, won't ya :)
You should brag, I will just use you for all the bargains I need too.
I have been hugely disappointed in craigslist in San Antonio!! I check often and I still can't find any decent things. Maybe I just need to be more patient.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that wants to send the kid down river sometimes. Being a mom can be hard.
Melissa darling! I'll buy your children if you include the stroller! Glad to hear stories like my own,
Mary
I'm just happy you survived too! And what a great stroller!! I LOVE good deals too!
Cute pic of you and Paige on the right- super cute!
Oh the joys and sorrows...your story sounds hauntingly familiar to one of ours last week, just throw in freezing cold and wind and me saying under my breath, 'this is why we never go anywhere' and we'll be there. Oh, and we don't have the cool stroller to finish off the story. Cool stroller, I've never tried the side by side thing, let us know how you like it. Like with some fun pics and stuff okay?
Your story, and all the above comments just made my day! My eyes are watering and my smile wrinkles are increasing thanks to all of you. Need I say, "Been there. Done that!" A great big DITTO to Kaelee's "don't let anyone tell you it's not okay to shed a few tears daily. Because it is." I used to go to my closet, stick my head in the clothes hanging there, pull them around my face and SCREAM at the top of my lungs. It was so muffled that no one but me could actually hear it...although there were times when I'd come out and find a child looking up at me with a strange look on (his) face. Yes, my children are correct in their assessment that their mother is "weird". As you will all soon learn-Insanity IS hereditary. You inherit it from your children!
Post a Comment