yesterday was the first day since baby was born that I didn't cry! maybe we're on the upswing. I think it's kinda crappy being so far away from family right now. for those of you who have had babies far away from home, got any survival tips?
gavin's new walk. I love this kid!
19 comments:
I'm sending you lots of hugs right now!! I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time---I know exactly how you feel. I had both Owen & Griffin while we were in St Louis. It's so hard, all I can say is hang in there and get a good friend that you can hang out with during the day. Those pictures are sure adorable of the kiddies!!
Our webcams are my family's lifeline to each other. It is really hard to be far away from family, especially with new cute babies you want to show off. Talk to family as much as you can.
I have no advice, but I think you're amazing!!
That walk is so cute!
I was without family when I had Thomas, too, and Bryan was super busy with his new job. It was awful! Fortunately, my best friend lived in the apartment upstairs, & she saved my sanity. She would clean, tend Hannah &/or Baby, & sometimes just keep me company. Playdates are nice, too -- anything low-stress to get out of the house & experience adult conversation. :)
Good Luck -- it will get better!!
I wasn't all that far from family. In fact, I found some in my lap (or I in theirs) more often, but being in the vicinity didn't seem to lighten the tears. I just think those old "Baby Blues" have to run their course until your hormones re-allign themselves. When Nelson used to ask me why I was crying, I'd tell him, "My cheeks are dry and its natures way of keeping them moist."
I don't have any advice either. But, let me know if you need or want anything!! We live so close.
i remember when reid figured that out! it's so fun watching them figure new things out!
i hope things are better these days! try to involve gavin as much as possible with paige. have him get a diaper, or wipe her bum (once it's clean) or get a blanket or toy for her. this can help prevent jealousy from coming.
also, what i found easier was to make sure reid was settled before i nursed william. i made sure he had a snack/meal and something to distract him. that way i wouldn't have to interrupt william with his feeding. it doesn't work ALL the time, but helps most of the time.
good luck with two kids. they do grow up fast and in no time they'll be playing together!
He's getting the model walk down. I have to say he is the cutest boy. Hey I called the other day and left a message. I will try again because I never did officially call you and see how you and paige are doing.
hey melissa! well i had Kira in Alaska far away from my mom.. that was really hard. she came out a month later but by then i had already got used to kira and her schedule. but my mom did help a lot when she was there. The one thing i did all the time was call my mom on the phone. and talk about everything. its hard. i hated it too! you look great. and paige is adorable~!
oh, I totally hear you!!! It is so hard being away from family with a newborn! My only thought would be try to fill your days/weeks with activities with friends or store runs, or a cool activity for Gavin like making play dough, something to break up the long tiresome days.
I can't believe how big Paige looks in that picture. I need more holding...
As far as getting through with no family... it gets easier. I just found myself praying a lot and getting out to exercise for about 30 minutes when Lance got home everyday. It was a lifesaver. Let Leif know you need some time to yourself everyday... or as much as you can get.
Remember we are here when you need us...we should start taking advantage of this nice weather and walk together...
Hooray for tear-free days! I remember those days and thinking, hey, maybe I can do this:) Hang in there, you're doing great. P.S. Love Gav's walk. What a kid.
I have to confess I read through others' comments for help and suggestions! Jealousy/craving attention can be so hard plus hormones are a confusing and frustrating mess sometimes. Gavin will probably keep you laughing so you don't cry too much, what a funny kid. Love the walk, did Leif teach him that or something? Good luck. Keep posting and updating us with the babe too. She's darling.
Hey. Just know it always gets better. I need to talk to you about coming out there to visit you. I'm not kidding, I'll explain it all over the phone. Smile and we'll talk soon.
Sammi
Just read your delivery story. HOLY MOLY! I can't believe you did that off drugs. My hat's off to you girl!!! Congratulations!
So he's going to be a model, gay, or a drunk. He's very creative (so maybe the gay thing). Cute pictures, the girls want me to keep playing the walk video over and over.
Happy Birthday! Paige is beautiful! It seems like we are so close to each other, but still so far away:( We will have to take a drive down there so see some sights, and maybe meet you somewhere...when you all are up to it.
Um...just so you know I accidentally stole and posted a picture of you on my blog.
I can take it off it you really want me to, but I couldn't think of anyone to better illustrate my point than you.
Post a Comment