Tuesday, March 4, 2008

and piles to go before I sleep



Recently I heard somewhere that women spend an average of 55 hours a week on household duties (you know, cleaning, laundry, child care, etc.). No wonder I'm having a hard time juggling school with all the other stuff. I've been a total slacker with my online classes, and I've been getting really frustrated with myself for not finding time (and, I'll admit, motivation) to buckle down and get to work.

(Ok, I'm not really sure about the accuracy of my numbers, and I'm sure a whole bunch of factors haven't been taken into account, and I'm pretty sure that number is smaller for me 'cause I'm spending more time in the classroom rather than in the home, but it makes me feel better anyway. :) We slackers always take any excuse and run with it. And I like to run.)

Here's to letting dirty dishes pile up instead of homework assignments.



(And somehow I always find time to blog. Hmmm...)

.

6 comments:

AJ said...

I feel the same way, and I am not in school! You are pretty amazing to be doing it all. Definitely let the housework (or as I think, the slightly less important stuff) pile up. Good luck with it all. It will be so good in the end.

Jed and Leona said...

i hear you, i feel like i am CONSTANTLY cleaning and i am getting tired of it fast. is there any end to it? probably not, then my next question is...how do we cope with all the cleaning?
kudos to you for forgetting about your dishes and working on your homework. a clean house will come eventually but isn't as important as good grades and how that makes you feel, or playing with your kid(s), which is probably why my house is ALWAY a mess. :)

Alisa Frakes said...

Ha ha. I love it. I totally felt bad for you clear until the part about still having time to blog. Then I only felt a little bad. :)

Yomama said...

At least you're willing to juggle! Thirty years later, I'm still scared to jump back in to classes...Because I don't want bad grades, and I think that's unavoidable, given the sporadic functions of my cobwebby brain. But hey, why do we all complain? Who's counting any of our mistakes or shortcomings but us? Kudos to all of you, and keep it up, whatever your passion is that's taking most of your time! Love you,
Karla

D-n-E said...

You can do it! I loved the Frost reference. Every time I look at your blog and the picture at the top comes up it makes me miss you guys sooo much. By the way, congrats on the 1/2 marathon. That is doggone impressive.

jen said...

Melis, you are amazing. I think I spend about 2 hours a week doing housework. I'm tired after work and I don't even have a little child to watch. You are amazing for finishing school right now! (and for lots of other reasons too.)