Wednesday, January 9, 2008

lists

Alas. January. Always been my least favorite month of the year, but I guess I really can't complain since the rest of this week in Austin looks like this:



Wednesday:
67° F | 44° F

Thursday:
74° F | 37° F

Friday:
68° F | 40° F

Saturday:
65° F | 34° F

Sunday:
62° F | 43° F

I must say, it's nice to be home!

Here's a quick run-down of some of the things we enjoyed over the holiday:

--Main Street Bethlehem: Burnet, Texas
--visits with family and friends
--rabbits and guns
--snow
--single-digit temperatures
--games, games, games
--food, food, food
--presents, presents, presents
--Bajio
--basketball
--baby blessings
--long runs/bike rides


It was nice to be able to spend some time in Utah for the holidays, but it's also nice to get back into the swing of things at home, even if that means getting ready for school to start on Tuesday. I think it's safe to say we'll be staying put for a little while, which is ok with me since yesterday's airplane disaster is still fresh on my mind.

Gavin was ornery, tired, restless, poopy, noisy, and just plain BAD on the trip home. Nevertheless, Leif received smiles from mom and baby upon our arrival at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport 'cause we were pretty happy to be a complete family once again. I quickly forgot about the dried orange juice, sucker juice, and nose juice Gavin so kindly smeared all over my clothes during the plane ride, and we enjoyed a calm evening in our own home.

As far as the new year is concerned, here are a few of my current resolutions
(a work in progress):

--finish school!
--run a half marathon (more info. soon)
--be able to do the splits again....just for fun. :)
--read the book of mormon
--get out of my calling as nursery leader :)
--be a better: mom, wife, sister, friend, ....
--forgive more
--judge less
--earn more
--spend less

let's hear about YOUR resolutions!

5 comments:

Tara said...

cute slide show. It was good to see you over the holiday. I'm glad you made it safely home.

Rach said...

Hi! it's Rachel, and I ran across your blog while looking at others. Cute pics! Looks like you had tons of fun and it was awesome to see you and your cute boy:) I have a blog, too, and if you want to, you can email me at
luv2smile623@gmail.com, and I will email you an invitation!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad your lovely Christmas trip is OVER!!! We missed you too much here in Texas and we can't wait to catch up!
Don't you love rubbing in the temp. to those frozen Utahans?
P.S. Good luck getting OUT of your calling... although it seemed to work for Nichelle :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have some good resolutions!!

Jed and Leona said...

i am sooooooooo incredibly jealous of the temps in austin, hopefully some day we will be able to enjoy it.
i know a great way to get out of your calling...get pregnant! worked for me!