Something amazing happened today, but first, let me give you a little background information:
I am a faithful morning news watcher: Not only to get an update on current events from around the globe, but also to get the weather forecast just so I can plan for my weekend activities or roll my car windows up. A couple of weeks ago, however, Gavin was playing with the tv and somehow made all of our basic channels, news included, disappear. Surprisingly, I have discovered that news and weather still occur, whether I am "in the know" or not.
With that said, this morning Gavin and I had the pleasure of accompanying Leif to our local Home Depot to buy some foliage for our backyard remodel project. While meandering through the aisles of the garden center, the clouds moved in and it started to sprinkle. Gavin stopped exploring and touching everything he could gets his eyes and/or hands on and stood there in awe. I could see the little wheels turning in his head, the secrets of the universe being revealed at that very moment. And then the heavens opened, and it poured. Shoppers and employees alike moved quickly indoors, but my boy stood there and learned about rain...and life.
I didn't know when I woke up this morning that it was going to rain today...and it was wonderful.
4 comments:
Melissa, your blog, especially this last entry and the one's with Gavin's laugh, make me happy to be alive and reminds me of all the beauties and joys this life has to offer.
I loved your post. I have always thought rain evoked a special feeling too. Seeing these pics and movies of Gavin have reminded me of the little Leif I knew growing up, but I think he must get his amazing laugh from you! :) Thank you for sharing with us all!
Emily
Your videos below are way cute! I can't believe you have a one year old!- Can you?- What are your plans for his first birthday? It's such a fun time and if you can imagine, this next year is even funner!! Anyway- it sounds like you guys are doing great. How do you like Texas? Jeff has always been a bit interested in someday living in Texas- who knows if that's really going to happen. Take Care!
I loved this story. This is what I am so excited for as I am getting to be a mom. I get to see it a little bit right now, but I am really excited for Ayla's future discoveries.
Post a Comment