Saturday, October 6, 2007

What I did during the Priesthood session of conference

Ok people, Alexis tagged me to list 8 "things" relating to me, so here they are:




I hate forwards 99.9% of the time. So if you're gonna send one to me, it better be good.







I had a Ruby Red Squirt addiction when I was in high school. It got to the point where I would actually get shaky if I hadn't had one recently enough. I'm glad I don't have that problem anymore because the stuff leaves a weird pink coating on your teeth after you drink it. Thirsty, anyone? :)



Since I usually like things kept nice and tidy, you wouldn't think that I would write in my books, but I do. I love to mark profound or otherwise wonderful groups of words and phrases. I actually kept a notebook of what I called "Dumbledore-isms" while reading the Harry Potter series, but sadly, I lost it. (I guess that just gives me an excuse to read them all over again!




Sometimes Leif thinks he's married to an old person in a young person's body because I like Wheel of Fortune, Matlock, and homemade bread with milk (soggy bread, anyone?).









I have an undying love for Celine Dion.









I hate the word "shingles." I know I'm weird, but it makes me wanna gag. On the other hand, "specified" is one of my favorite words. Go ahead and say it outloud....
see how much fun?







I love watching home videos with my family. It really makes you wonder if, in 15 years, who we are now will be as laughable as who we were 15 years ago.




My toes are really funny. They are insanely crooked--a feature I always attributed to my dad, since his are similarly crazy, but some info. I obtained in recent years may shed some new light on the whole toe situation. So it's like this: I was with my fam once and just happened to be looking at my toes when it dawned on me that the crookedness resembled the curve of a shoe. So I said outloud, "It looks as if my toes just grew crooked because my shoes were too small and had no room to grow straight." My mom got kinda quiet and then said, "I have always felt guilty about your crooked toes! You always complained that your shoes were too small, but your feet grew so fast, and we couldn't keep buying you new shoes." Isn't it funny what people hold on to for so many years? After a lot of laughing, I told her not to feel guilty because I like my toes just the way they are.

And that's a good one to end on! So the game is to tag more people to play the game, so Rach, Leona, and Emmi, it's your turn if you wanna! :)

5 comments:

Jed and Leona said...

Check out our blog-we left you a note from all of us here. love you guys!

lex said...

The truth about the toes revealed at last! I laughed so hard reading that. Thanks for being tagged, Melis. It was fun to read some random things about you.

Jed and Leona said...

soggy bread? my opinion..yuck-pretty much because of the texture reasons. but homemade bread is delicious!

Shannon said...

Try this one - homemade bread toasted and buttered and then dipped in hot chocolate. The toastedness makes the sogginess not so much a factor. I learned that from my mother! It's fun to see these memes and find things in common that we wouldn't know otherwise. Thanks for sharing!

jen said...

I confess I said specified out loud before you told us to, I love the way words sound. You are very funny, and a very good writer. I want to read your book.