I swear I haven't been whispering racist comments in his ear--he did this one completely on his own. Overall, Gavin is a pretty friendly fellow when complete strangers talk to him, but he always cries when dark skinned people confront him. To make matters worse, the nurse who drew his blood at his last doctor's visit was black. Needless to say, he was not a happy camper.
When Leif and I went on our honeymoon 5 years ago we brought home a souveneir of a dark-skinned fellow smokin' a pipe, so I decided to let Gavin get acquainted with him by placing him on the floor. He was so funny! He wanted to crawl past the figurine, but he just stopped and stared nervously. Then he got brave enough to touch the guy. I don't know if it actually helped, but I guess we'll see next time a non-white person talks to him in public.
3 comments:
Charlie definitely has an issue with facial hair. Since Ben can't grow any, we don't have anything to train him on.
By the way, we love cheesy!
This is way too funny and cute! I just love how kids see the world so differently. He's such and cutie and getting so big!
i also had an addiction to Ruby Red, remember Melis? Matt actually just bought some for me because we spend the weekend on the mountain and man, it was stronger than i remembered!
Do you want me to send you a pic of Allen Iverson for your racist son?? I don't know who couldn't love him....
Post a Comment