I feel like we've been pretty busy around here, but I really can't think of what we've been up to. We had a good 4th of July: we went to the ward breakfast, swam in the pouring rain, ate BBQ ribs, and watched fireworks that were a let-down. I had my heart set on swimming on the 4th, so by golly, we swam! It was pretty cold, but that didn't seem to bother Gavin at all; he had the time of his life. He probably would have stayed all day, but the rain starting coming down like Niagara Falls, so we high-tailed it to the car.


Apparently, Austin is having a pretty mild summer so far, and I'm not complaining. It's been raining A LOT, so it's nice and green, but we haven't seen any of the flooding in our area of town that is going on close by. I would like to swim more, but I'm sure I'll get plenty of that the 2nd half of the summer. After only using it ONCE, my kiddie pool got ruined! So Gavin and I will have to hop on over to the park's free pool or beg Rachel and Beth to let us come swim in their pool, which I'm sure won't be a problem with a little coaxing (free smoothies?). :)
Today and tomorrow will involve fixing my car (it dumped antifreeze all over the church parking lot yesterday) and getting ready for Nicole, who IS coming after all! Yay for visitors!
No comments:
Post a Comment