Monday, July 23, 2007

Nicole's trip



I can't believe she's come and gone already! Time flies when you have someone to pass it with. The first few days Nicole was here were kind of relaxed. We swam a lot: we went to the park pool, the Jensens' pool, and tubing down the San Marcos River.

Then last week we experienced the STATE CAPITOL arriving via public transportation, which was a first for us here in Austin. It went pretty well, until we were on our way home and barely missed our transfer bus, so we decided to start walking toward home, waiting to catch the next bus. However, that bus never came, so we walked about 2 miles home in the hot & humid afternoon sun. We were drenched with sweat when we finally got home, so we decided it was definitely an evening for swimming!

Tuesday we went to the new HARRY POTTER movie, which was excellent, leaving Gavin with Rach--bless her heart because he was SO bad!

Wednesday we went shopping at the gigantic OUTLET MALL and each came away with a steal of a purchase.

Thursday...I can't remember, but I know we must have done something FABULOUS, and

Friday we went to the BLANCO STATE PARK RIVER, which would have been loads of fun in the sun, but it was POURING rain, so we turned around and ate our PB&J's in the car on the way home.

Saturday we went to SEAWORLD in San Antonio, which was a blast, and definitely the highlight of our adventures, in my opinion. We got season passes, so hopefully we will be frequenting Shamu-land a few more times this year.

Nicole LOVES the rain, so the first day that it poured she dragged me out to play in it. She gets a little crazy when she gets excited about stuff. We also watched a lot of the TV show "The Office," and enjoyed Nicole's dessert speciality, BROWNIES. Although I kind of neglected my "responsibilities" while Nicole was here, it was definitely worth it to enjoy her company and create new memories.

4 comments:

D-n-E said...

Melissa, you inspire me to do more with our blog. You have raised the bar. I love your blog.

Rachel said...

It was so fun to have Nicole here! I know it's hard when they go home... we are left here in Texas without anyone...one again. Once again don't worry about Princess Gavin... it was good for him...and me :)
I'm glad I can comment on your blog now! Good addition!

D/E G said...

I've been wanting at least say hi for awhile so I wouldn't feel like I'm lurking! It looks like you're enjoying Austin nicely! At first I thought Nicole and Melissa didn't look that much alike, but the pictures in the rain show that sista personality--lots of fun! Gavin is such a cute little guy; I wish we could ever see your family in person, but at least we have this! :)
Emily

jen said...

NICOLE gets a little crazy about the rain?! And just Nicole? I distinctly remember sleeping over at your house one night and getting locked out for the night because you drug me outside to SMELL the rain. We had to come back in through your parents bedroom.