Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gratitude = Happiness

Being grateful makes you happier. It must be true: he's wearing a lab coat.



*I actually skimmed through the study, and researchers found the greatest happiness increases were due to three of the six exercises required for the test (I'm only listing two because the third includes paying for a character test) : 

Gratitude visit - Participants were given one week to write and then deliver a letter of
gratitude in person to someone who had been especially kind to them but had never
been properly thanked.
• Three good things in life - Participants were asked to write down three things that went well each day for one week. In addition they were asked to provide a causal explanation for each good thing.

I'm doing this. But I'm going to revisit the exercises regularly to ensure continued happiness increase, as the study suggests.


1 comment:

Jana said...

It is very true! I just taught a lesson on this in Young Women. :) Gratitude brings happiness.