Started the day off waking up with a dead cockroach on my face. Yep. Caleb slept over, so the boys arose with mischief in their teeth, and they thought it would be a good idea to focus that mischief in the direction of my peaceful slumber. Naturally. Caleb waited outside the door while Gavin crept in, and when I felt the thing on my face I woke up to brush it off. Then it was in my hair, so I flung it around till it came out, leaving broken legs all over my bed. That's when I saw that hideously nasty insect in my bed. "Gavin!!" I yelled, "Why would you put a dead cockroach on my face?!" "Caleb told me to do it," he replied hesitantly from behind the door, realizing the folly in his prank. Of course Caleb denies it, claiming that he had told Gavin to use a spider instead, thereby clearing his name of any involvement. Bah! Boys!
Even after this debacle, the no-peach breakfast, and the Gavin immunization, it turned into quite a lovely day, surprisingly. I took Caleb with us to Gavin's appointment, leaving Paige at Heather's to play (her first sleepover!). After the shot, we went to Children's Place for a few before-school-starts items, and then we were off to the carousel and splash park downtown. The boys loved the carousel, but the splashing was ruined very quickly when Dax and Caleb had simultaneous blood injuries. I let Gavin play a few minutes before leaving, and I swung by Kneader's to pick up lunch for Heather and myself, which was artichokingly delicious. Other things I got done today: bank stop, DQ run with the Stouts (I had promised Gavin ice cream for being so brave), a library visit, volleyball with the fam, and a quick FHE lesson for the kiddos before the last late-night bedtime before school starts. Blah. I am so not ready for this. Sometimes I think I should homeschool. Then I realize that my idea of a perfect schooling routine would be a half day at school and a half day at home. Sending them all day gives me anxiety. But it's probably time, because Gavin and Paige are in need of some separation and structure at this point in the summer. I think Paige is really going to love preschool, so I'm excited for her.
1 comment:
I'm not sure what all happened after the cockroach ended up in pieces in your bed, but my kids would have been so lucky if I had the presence of mind to refrain from beating them half to death. Gross.
And I'm sorry your peaches disappeared. I get so sad when I have my hopes up to eat something yummy and then it's gone... no matter who gets helped in the process. :)
Post a Comment