Good weekend.
Solid 16-miler yesterday. 14 with Heather. I felt fine but still had that can't-possibly-add-10-more-miles moment at the end.
De came down to play and we went to Kolob with Jordan and Tasha to hang out at the Riches' cabin. We had such a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable time. The kids loved the zip line, of course, then we took the kayaks to the reservoir. Tasha and I took the first jaunt out on the water and talked about books and feet and staying out there forever--I really enjoy her friendship. Then the men took the kiddos out, and we skipped rocks, then we made it back to the cabin and started dinner just in time for the rain to pour in, bringing with it an ultra-bright double rainbow. After downing two awesome BLTs, I suggested we go for a walk, which turned out to be lovely among the fog. We put the kids in bed so we could play some games and eat some junk, which we did, and we did it well. We played Cover Your Assets and Catch Phrase, then we talked about nothing till it was past going-home time.
After church we scooted on up to Zion for the most perfectly wonderful afternoon walk, which included that rare and glorious sunshine-and-rain mix. BLTs round two for dinner. Yum-O.
Now I really need to be reading Lord of the Flies for book club, but I'm catching up on journaling instead.
Also, the laundry.
3 comments:
A few things:
A. Great post about Grandma Jepson. Love her. Thanks for the shoutout.
2. Dallin, not Dillon.
D. I have a question about the "Riches'" pluralization (word?) and apostrophe. But we can talk about that later.
-Bernan
We love "Cover Your Assets"! We've eaten lunch w/ Gpa (& Gma) Beck and look forward to trying out their new game (Skull king and Scheming) soon. :) Sounds like a fun getaway!
We saw that fantastic double rainbow too!!! It was gorgeous, wasn't it? I think we should eat BLTs every day until the end of summer tomatoes from the garden.
Post a Comment