Friday, January 11, 2013

Hulk smash

Gavin lost his first tooth tonight. So cute. He said earlier today that he loved losing teeth and that he was so excited for the Tooth Fairy to come tonight. I told him he couldn't say he loved losing teeth till he had actually lost one. Sure enough, come tooth pulling time, he got a little nervous and backed out once or twice.

He really wanted his slingshot helicopter to pull the tooth out, but technical difficulties proved, well, difficult, so Leif resorted to the faithful pliers method. It popped out without a fuss. Then Gavin, wearing his Incredible Hulk t-shirt, said, "You know who can break all your teeth? Hulk." Yes, Hulk is amazing and wonderful and the definite favorite right now. Good call, Buddy.

The readiness check

Not a tear shed. So brave.

The other bottom tooth will be following suit within the week. I don't think I'm ready to say good-bye to his adorable baby teeth and to welcome that awkward phase where the adult teeth make the kid face look weird. Also, when boys get to a certain age they get, um, how can I put it nicely . . . obnoxious. And they're less generous with their hugs and I-love-yous. Which is probably okay if they're being obnoxious.

Ah, the joys of growing up.

3 comments:

Teri's Life said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that think their teeth look weird when they lose the baby teeth! Luckily Ster's teeth are pretty straight.

altanoreida said...

I love his little gap in the front and it just might disappear when he gets bigger teeth.

altanoreida said...

I love his little gap in the front and it just might disappear when he gets bigger teeth.