Monday, November 26, 2012

And you thought this was an update . . .

Blast!

I can't seem to figure stupid Blogger out! I've been trying to post about my Virginia trip for days, even went to all the terrible trouble of resizing Kaelee's giant pictures (this seriously took me forever to figure out), and I still can't do it because Blogger says I've reached my storage limit and have to upgrade (a.k.a. give them money) to continue blogging.

What the crappy crap!

If somebody knows what I should do to bypass the upgrade, please share. I'm going nuts over here. Gangnam Style.

7 comments:

-Kyle and Emily- said...

I got the same message the other day. I can't figure it out. I think Dallas Sullivan knows how to get around it. I will let you know if I figure it out.

Nat said...

I so hope you're dancing gangnam style in front of your computer right now. I know some people who have hit their picture limit so they download their pictures to photobucket then insert them to the blog from there. hard to explain through typing but you could try it. and I put my pictures together in collages with the program picasa. you can download it for free and it's easy to use.

Cheryl said...

Your picasa could be full. Blogger uploads your pictures to a folder in picasa when you post them.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos

At the bottom it will tell you something like this: "You are currently using 263 MB (25.7%) of your 1024 MB. Upgrade Storage"

If yours is close to full, you can always open another gmail account, add that to the authorship of your blog, and upload/blog through that account.

The Stratton's said...

That sounds horrible! I wonder how I haven't passed the limit yet...

Melissa said...

thanks, peeps. yes, I knew blogger used picasa, I just didn't know if I could go delete things, and I didn't even think about opening another gmail account. thanks, Cheryl.

tawny said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I've had the SAME problem--just in the last week and 1/2!! I've been trying to post about our cruise, among other things and it gives me the SAME message and wont let me post!! What!? So what I found out is that you can "export" or "import" your blog. We exported ours to our external hard drive (go to "settings" on your blog than "other" then "export") So now that it's moved I can delete them from my blog. But the format that it is saved in on our hard drive is funky--it doesn't include pictures--we are trying to figure out if it's still usable...So i'm scared to delete until we make sure it's safe on our hard drive. So that is all that I know. But YES. VERY frustrated. Darn blogger. grrr.

tawny said...

oop. I didn't read everyone else's comments...do what they said...!! :)