Tuesday, September 4, 2012

These are the moments

Chet and Erin blessed their little Maximus Sunday at the old red brick church, and it was a good Sabbath day with good gospel, good people, and good food. I had a deeply spiritual moment while walking with Fuss Face Dax outside during sacrament meeting. It was one of those rarities that you always remember when you reflect on significant days, minutes, or even seconds that contribute to your overall spiritual makeup. Personal details aside, suffice it to say that I felt intensely connected to the earth and the singularity of my life in this place, I renewed resolve to be a better version of myself, and I felt deep gratitude for my temple marriage and the little spirits that have changed us forever. (Okay, so that was pretty personal, but you still don't know all the details. Ha.) It was a perfect morning. Thanks for being fussy, Dax.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Melissa, Thanks for sharing! I love to read about the moments that shape us. You have such a beautiful family. I MISS YOU. Thanks again for sharing.
Love you.