Mother's Day did not disappoint this year, due to the selflessness and creativity of my wonderful husband. I enjoyed a lovely, long shower first thing in the morning, and when I got out, Paige came in with a kitchen towel draped over her arm, saying, "Breakfast is served." Then Gavin pulled my chair out for me. Too cute.
My second Mother's Day gift was that we were going to be to church on time--and we were. Score. Then Gavin and Paige sang two songs with the primary in sacrament meeting. Probably one of my favorite things in the world is to listen to primary kids sing in sacrament meeting, so when my kids became a part of that group, it pretty much rocked my world.
So Leif and the kids kidnapped me early from church and we went on the mountain to have a picnic, because that's one of my favorite pastimes ever. We had a great time collecting wildflowers, climbing on creek rocks, and eating sandwiches and changing diapers on the tailgate.
When we got home, I got to take a nap while Leif helped the kids make greeting cards for grandmas and put the finishing touches on our contribution to dinner at Papa Clair and Mama Jo's. And dinner was divine, and the company delicious.
I am a very blessed--and occasionally spoiled--MOM.
 |
weird lighting
|
 |
| you should have some of Leif's eggs sometime. yum-my. |
 |
| Dax fell asleep on the bathroom rug while the kids were bathing. Isn't he just precious? |
 |
| Gavin really pulls off those sunglasses, doesn't he? We all got matching ones from Grandma Jo's section of our Saturday garage sale. |
 |
| Love my boys |
 |
| And my girl, with her blue-bellied lizard |
1 comment:
I bet your kids were great waiters for your breakfast. They have such adorable personalities. Glad you had a good mothers day. I think you are a great mom!
Post a Comment