It was a long, hard day for me. Like, extremely hard. The culmination of all of today's yucky-ness was when I had to miss Gavin's first-ever t-ball game to hostess bunco night at my house. I ended up having a really great time (thanks, friends!), but I felt like I had clinched the Worst Mom of the Week award, for sure.
So here's how it turned into awesome:
I was lying in bed with Gavin when he said, "Mom, I like you better than other kids like their moms."
Melt. My. Heart.
This was after he was sad when I told him I would be gone to a doctor appointment when he wakes up tomorrow morning. "I'll miss you too much," he said.
I think it's been a shock to my kids' systems for me to leave for track practice and track meets. I've been with them every day of their little lives, so my new busy schedule isn't sitting very well. And it's hard on me, too. I hate being away from them. As much as I'm loving this coaching gig, I'm glad it's a short-term commitment. I mean, how much longer will my kids want to be with me and give me hugs & kisses? I want to enjoy it before it's gone.
3 comments:
Melt MY heart. This is so sweet.
look how much he's changed since the "mom, go clean the kitchen days"! cute.
You are one of the real good moms.
Post a Comment