I've been working on Dax's arrival story, but it's turning out to be hecka long because I don't want to leave out any details for journaling purposes. So in the meantime, just know that we are still here, and we have a super cute baby who finally fell victim to one of the many, many sicknesses we've been passing around here. I hate his cough! Makes me so nervous.
For those of you who have been wondering, keeping baby's gender a surprise is really fun. I'd do it again, and I totally recommend it. More on that later.
One more thing before I go . . . I thought I'd explain my little valentine because I'm not sure people understood it. Emmi is the only one who commented, and then I realized that she's also an English nerd like I am, so maybe "regular" people didn't remember the story of The Tell-Tale Heart. See how it's signed by Edgar Allen Poe? He's the author who wrote that story about the guy murdering the old man and hiding his heart in the floorboards. So see how it's funny as a valentine? :)
6 comments:
Hope your little guy gets better fast! It's been a weird year for colds--they just linger forever. I got your valentine joke though I am too visual and was gagging on the thought of a guy pulling a dead heart out from the floorboards (I guess I'm too visual for my own good). :)
I understood it! I just didn't comment. I don't want to lumped in with the "regular" people. and yeah, I'm ready for the birth story and more pictures of the baby. I guess you're KINDA busy (I wanted to that in italics instead of caps but I couldn't,) but I can only be patient for a little longer.
I got it and i lol-ed out loud. also, quit recommending keeping the gender a secret. it's rude and it sucked. but i do love him.
-bernan
I got the Valentine as well...just chuckled at your cleverness instead of commenting.
Hope Dax gets rid of that cough.
And I'm thinking of doing the gender surprise thing next time...I mean lets be honest...it will probably be a girl :)
PS. SO good to chat with you the other day :)
I find "nerd" a little strong. I prefer literarily gifted. Hee hee. :)
I love birth stories so thanks for sharing. Sorry about the infection part.
Post a Comment