Sunday, March 25, 2012

Backtrack Via Mama Jo's Camera

Lots of random photos here because I just borrowed my mom's camera card. These are the ones that made the journaling-worthy cut, in no particular order:

Hiking in Zion the week after Christmas when Matt & Nat were in town from VA. I was very pregnant.

Supporting Josh & Aimee Langstons' New Year's run (umm . . . I walked).
Then look! Baby's out! This girl kisses her new cousin more than any other person kisses him, and that includes me. You're going to make a great babysitter someday, Sydney.

What's with the faces, Reagan & Kaelee?
All kinds of family love for this baby. It's been a long time since we've had a baby around here.

This one perfectly captures how crazy it can be with all 10 grandkids. There are two more on the way, and plenty more to come, I'm sure. Brace yourselves, Grandma and Grandpa.


The birthday sign stays up a good portion of the year--we just switch out the name. Birthday cake single-handedly keeps those five extra pounds on everybody.
The older kids made wraps for themselves--Sydney's was the only "real" injury. (She actually broke her wrist a couple weeks later and got a real cast on.)

Classic Uncle Josh. The kids love him . . . go figure.
Dax's favorite person is Grandma Jepson. He always coos and smiles at her the most. She says it's because they have something in common: he's fresh from heaven, and she's on her way there "soon."

Typical meal set-up.
Mama Jo gets a turn holding Dax when she fights hard enough.

Burton family on Dax's blessing day. Gavin screamed through his own blessing and through Paige's, but he's old enough to behave himself now (although, I can't say the same for cousin Beckham). Leif's parents were the only ones who could represent for the Burton clan, but we had lots of Jepson family around. We enjoyed an outside luncheon at my parents' house after church. Beautiful day.

Oh, to climb on a rusty old tractor in your Sunday clothes.
And to snuggle up for a Sunday nap with your brothers-in-law.


More family love from Aunt Nicole at the blessing luncheon.We seriously stayed outside all afternoon till the sun went down.
My dad hosted his first annual Popcorn Popping On the Apricot Tree Festival . . . with a lot of help from my mom on the popcorn ball front. The kids loved it.



Look how big he is getting! Two month stats: 70th percentile for weight and 90th for height.
The kids love "helping" Grandpa in the garden.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you posted these. You'd think it had been ages since I was down to visit, but the little ones change so fast! I'm glad your dad got to do the Popcorn thing. What a great idea, and what a great grandparent tradition! I loved the guys sleeping on each other, although I'm sure Matt staged it. You have a great family Melissa! And I'm glad you share them with us when we come. Love you!

The Stratton's said...

I know of the one baby coming in your family, but who is expecting the other? Your cute little family is one of my favorites! So fun...

Rachel said...

Look at your skinny beautiful self after having a baby!!! Are we surprised?? Of course not.
Hope to be in Utah by June...

Sister Jepson. said...

That picture of grandma and Dax melts my heart. And what they have in common breaks my heart.
I love that cute lady.

Travis and Rhonda said...

These are precious pictures. I love the grandkid group picture. Such a great group of cousins!