Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sad birthday girl

At some point yesterday I mentioned that everybody around here should have a Saturday birthday because Dad treats you like royalty. Leif was great with Paige all day. We took birthday doughnuts and milk down to the relay race some of my family was running. Then we totally scored at a garage sale: I got the cutest play kitchen for Paige for Christmas (I just checked pricing online, and that thing retails for $150-$240. I paid $15!) and Gavin got a pretty awesome helicopter for $3. Then Paige said she wanted to go swimming, so Leif cleaned and heated the Shaws' hot tub for the kids.

The plan was to have birthday Sunday dinner today, but Paige was sick again last night so she wasn't very chipper come cupcakes and presents time. Poor thing. I wish we knew what was going on with her belly problems. I hope she's healthy and happy for Halloween tomorrow! I want my Little Red Riding Hood to be all smiles. Super cute costume pictures to follow soon.

The classic Paige scowl.

A half-hearted effort to blow out the candles.

Papa Clair on cupcake duty. I ran out of eggs for my recipe, so I improvised and used eggnog! They actually turned out pretty well.

Her attempt at smiling for the camera. Thanks, family for all your thoughtful gifts.

Did I mention she was sad? I had fun wrapping and decorating her present.

Even though she was ornery, I could tell she loved it. I can't wait for her to enjoy it as a fully healthy 3-year-old girl. Love you, Paige!

4 comments:

Teri's Life said...

What a cutie! Too bad she didn't feel good - hopefully she rebounds quickly!

Dee said...

Could her problem be allergies?

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

She is really cute...no one like to feel terrible on their birthday!

I'm impressed by the eggnog cupcakes... interesting... :)

Rachel said...

I hate to tell you this but 7 people in Lance's family, Teila's dad, and myself all got home from St. George and were throwing up. I hope Paige didn't catch anything from the wedding... or from me. It looks to be a 24 hourish thing...give or take... and I had a fever, chills, and achiness yesterday and today.
Hope she's doing better. Sorry we had to miss the eggnog cupcakes :)
Thanks again!!!