Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mattalie and Marriage

Natalie's married. Weird. But good. Because Matt is so great. The wedding was a bit stressful because it was in my parents' front yard so there was a lot of planning and preparation involved, but it turned out so well, and people seemed to be having a fabulous time. The entire wedding party performed a Heather-choreographed dance that was a hit, and the sistas, led by Kaelee, made a pretty awesome wedding cake, if we do say so ourselves.

The sistas

"Our" cake

The dance. Unfortunately, the boys needed the girls in front of them so they would remember the moves; otherwise, they would have been front and center because they were hilarious to watch. (Isn't that the cutest little bride you've ever seen?)

The highlight of the night: the happy couple's videographer made the cutest wedding music video ever. EVER. I absolutely love it and have watched it over and over because I can't get over how adorable it is. So I'm sharing.



Aren't they the cutest??

Couldn't get away without thanking Nelson, Nancy, and Ane for making the trip to help for the weekend. When Nancy originally asked, I said we didn't really need "help" but would love for them to come visit. Boy was I wrong. They were invaluable. They put themselves right to work when they got here on Friday and didn't stop working until they left Sunday. Thank you, thank you, Burtons. :)

Also, while I'm on the wedding subject, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO LEIF AND ME!! I can't believe it's been 8 years already. 8?! So crazy. Time seems to pass so quickly and sneakily, but when I look back at our years together I realize how much we've changed and grown. In pictures of us from "the early years" we look like a couple of kids. Now we have a couple of kids! I love what parenthood has done to us. Leif never ceases to impress as he assumes new roles throughout our marriage, and I think "Dad" is the sexiest one yet. :) Thank you for always putting my needs first, Leif. The longer we're married, the more I think you got the short end of the stick. Sucker. :) Love you. Here's to many more, Dude.

12 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! That IS the coolest wedding music video. I wish we had something so fun to show our kids! Thanks for sharing a glimpse into the day. Wish we could have been there!

lex said...

Happy anniversary! And yes, cutest wedding video EVER. Miss you.

Tawny said...

cute!!

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are the perfect match and perfect lil family. I love that music video and feel like I could watch it all day.

Rachel said...

What a darling fabulous awesome video. I LOVE it!!!! They are adorable.
Glad everyone survived the wedding. I love the cake, wish I could have seen the dance, and the lights :)
Cute family picture....you should hire her more often to come out and visit :)
Still waiting the NYC post/pictures.
Still waiting for you and Lief to take the Austin job and move back....I've got the house around the corner saved for you.

Teri's Life said...

Beautiful Bride! Loved that video - but surely someone taped the dance? I would LOVE to see that! (Or atleast a repeat at the reception in October!?!)

Kaelee said...

So does that mean that at the beginning of the marriage you thought you got the short end of the stick?? I need these pictures, that's a great one of the cake.

AJ said...

Ah, have you guys really been married for that long? I remember when we first met you. And I still think he married up. Congrats on 8 years!

Jed and Leona said...

Super, super cute(The video and you guys)! I too would love to see the video of the dance if there is one! Isn't it crazy, 8 years?! And in 2 more it'll be 10 years! WOW! So glad the wedding went well. I want to see pix of NYC also! Glad you're having a great September!

Clark Family said...

Congrat on your anniversary...I do think you have some catching up to do though because we are upon our
8th too and yet we are on our 4th kid...COME ON!!!lol The wedding looked like a blast and like it turned out great. Way cute cake too.

Nicole said...

I am so glad you put the wedding video on. I only caught a few glimpses of it at the reception and thought it looked cute. I really wanted to see it. It was even better than I thought. Loved it. You sounded great when you sang too!

THE HILLS said...

That is the CUTEST video ever! I love it. I'm so glad you told me about it :)