
this is the truck that passed me at mile 20 this morning, and I said outloud, "what are you doing to me?!" but I finished. with the help of christina aguilera's "fighter" of course. best running song ever. I literally had chills because it inspired me to finish strong. how cheesy am I?
on a related note, last weekend kaelee, nat, and I ran the "top of utah" half marathon in logan, and despite the yucky traveling, it was great because my finish time was better than I'd anticipated (I was trying - and failing - to catch kaelee). 1:49:42, top 12% of my age group, top 20% overall. and I got to eat cafe rio that night. not bad. :)
and a shout out to our helpers/babysitters: Jo, Nancy, Alta, Michael, Joe, and Nat's roommates!
10 comments:
You are so amazing for running all of the marathons! great job at doing better than you thought! too bad we weren't able to get together, we'll have to do it soon!
Not sick of hearing about it yet, and hey, that is a great time! Good work. So I'm confused... are you running the st. george next month then? I thought you were bummed because you didn't get in. I am in serious need of updated information on your life.
Melissa, you are completely OUT OF CONTROL!!! WAY TO GO!!!
I'll never get sick of hearing that other people are as crazy/miserable as I am. See ya at the starting line. again.
Were you able to get into St. George marathon? I know of someone that could give you her spot.
Hey, where did you get those stats? Are the results posted somewhere? I'm going to go check right now. And also, did you have your camera on you during your 22 miler??
Contact my sister Lyndee using facebook ... Or Heather may have her #. She said you could have hers. Congratulations & Good luck!!!!!
I was wondering that too. Do you run with your camera?
clarification: I do not run with a camera. that pic is courtesy of a google images search.
Crazy awesome! You're a big inspiration to me.
Post a Comment