10 points if you can use the word "SLURRY" in a sentence.
Leif said "slurry" tonight, and I started laughing because it sounded so funny.
"What does that word mean?" I asked with a chuckle.
"What...slurry?"
Laughing. "Yeah. Slurry." More laughing.
So for anyone who cares...
Slurry: "a thin mixture of an insoluble substance, as cement, clay, or coal, with a liquid, as water or oil" (dictionary.com).
It was spoken in reference to the origin of my nativity set while I was writing the previous post.
Next time you pass by your own nativity scene this year, remember the real reason for the season...and maybe give a little grin for your newly expanded vocabulary.
3 comments:
Jed knew what it meant and i of course have never heard of it!!!!
Ok, I am a big nerd and actually have heard the word slurry. I know it as a cooking term though. It is a mixture of a starch and water. Great story!
It makes me want to head right down to Home Depot and talk concrete with someone. Thanks for the new word!
Post a Comment