The name of my blog, Burtopia, is a twist on the word Utopia (in case you hadn't picked up on that), which, in short, means "a good place." I am definitely at a good place in my life right now and want to share a little bit about what's going on with the Burtons since we moved to the Lonestar State. (Actually, a blog seems like a much easier way to share pictures with Grandmas and aunts than sending periodic snailmail! :) Sorry, Mom, but I'm just that lazy.)
Motherhood definitely contributes to my current happiness; Gavin melts my heart and makes me smile every day. Leif and I love being parents and can't believe how fast little ones grow! Gavin is 6 1/2 months old now with 6 teeth, a love for the outdoors, and a curiosity that will definitely get him into trouble the minute he figures out how to get around. He wants to crawl so badly, but he just can't quite get it yet.
Leif fills his days with house-remodeling and pool company-building projects. He absolutely loves being a dad.
I am still trying to finish school through independent study, which is a whole lot harder than actually going to school because it's all ME! No class discussions, lectures, study groups, or helpful professors--just me, but I still enjoy it.
Austin has been good for us so far, and the humidity is good for our skin, or so they say. We love spending time with our new friends and discovering new places.
All in all, life really is....good. :)
For lunch, we ate at Fuddruckers, where we all enjoyed yummy burgers and fries, while Gavin enjoyed formula and a straw. My life is much better now that Gavin will FINALLY take a bottle! Now on to steak and nacho cheese (if he's anything like his dad).
1 comment:
Melis
I love looking at your pictures, and i just recently became so savvy at this computer thing that i now know how to post a comment!
I miss you and can't wait until Matt and i can visit Austin. I have actually always wanted to visit, but now that you guys are there, i have a better excuse to try! Gavin is getting so big.. i can't believe it.
Hopefully we'll talk soon... i love ya!
Post a Comment